Aarhus University (AU) is a top 100 university providing research, innovation and education at the highest level across science, technology, health, humanities, arts, business and social sciences, with a strategic focus on food. Specifically, AU is very highly ranked within agricultural and food sciences and among the leading European universities in rankings. We have international expertise across the entire agriculture & food value chain and in linking the nodes of the food systems:
- Sustainable primary plant and animal production
- Food quality, processing, packaging and cascade-utilisation of side streams
- Consumer perception, behaviour, diets, lifestyle
Competences & Capabilities
Main areas of specialisation and technological expertise are:
- Food quality: chemical, nutritional and sensory-based attributes
- Sustainable agriculture and food, organic food, novel protein, LCA
- Food, health and well-being for different consumer groups
- Food-metabolomics (metabolic changes within the food and ingredients)
- Post-harvest, processing and packaging solutions
- Consumer behaviour and quality perception
- Consumer-driven product development, digital
Partner in the following EIT Food projectsView all EIT Food projects
projectConnecting students and young professionals from different backgrounds to provide insights into sustainable production and consumption towards healthier diets.
project6 months advanced training for the development of an innovative idea with significant impact in the Food System.
project3-week course where you will develop entrepreneurial skills and acquire nutritional knowledge to create a new innovative product
projectRethinking food packaging for regenerating resources
2021 > 2022projectFood Solutions brings together multi-disciplinary teams to tackle real-life industry challenges and develop innovative new solutions for the food system
projectMaking meat substitutes more palatable
News involving Aarhus UniversityView all EIT Food news
newsEIT Food is looking for consortia consisting of 3 organisations operating in the same country (scientific organisation + food service provider + packaging company) that would participate in EIT Food RIS Consumer Engagement Labs project.