Boost your skills, drive change and do business in the agrifood sector!
The Inspire Programmes aim to develop a new generation of entrepreneurs and innovators equipped to shape a new kind of innovative, resilient, and sustainable food system.
Inspire is driven by the three missions of EIT Food:
- Healthier lives through food
- A net zero food system
- A fully transparent, resilient and fair food system
What you learn?
You, as talented individuals will become entrepreneurial as Inspire Programmes will provide you with knowledge on design thinking, business idea development, entrepreneurial self-efficacy, team building, market research, risk analysis, negotiation, pitching and much more, all embedded in the context of food systems with the view to solve its challenges.
You will have the opportunity to learn on your terms and choose between synchronous, asynchronous, online and onsite learning possibilities (including hands-on experience, i.e. field visits). By learning with us, you will have a much greater flexibility and the comfort to learn at times and from locations that suit you best. The Inspire Programme are firmly rooted in EIT Food’s unique Competency Framework and quality standards, which provide the backbone of the programmes. They integrate excellent entrepreneurship education, provided by a common spine, such as leadership, communication skills, problem solving, creativity and critical thinking, with key technical skills.
You will be guided and coached by EIT Food renowned experts in entrepreneurship, innovation, and food systems as well as industry experts and start-up entrepreneurs. Joining Inspire Programmes allows you to access our excellent resources and become part of the unique and inspiring pan-European EIT Food community.
But there is more!
The programmes will supplement each other by taking into consideration the market needs in its corresponding regions. Deep Tech fields (such as artificial intelligence, biotechnology, blockchain, robotics, sustainable energy, geosensing) will be featured in the Inspire programmes whilst still covering the six EIT Food focus areas (alternative protein, sustainable agriculture, targeted nutrition, circular foo systems, digital traceability and sustainable agriculture).
Inspire also encompasses programmes focusing on challenges across the agrifood sector in targeted countries (RIS countries), driven by the innovation priorities defined by the Smart specialisation Strategies in each of them, while promoting entrepreneurship as a possible career path.
Details for individual programmes will be available shortly – join our community to receive updates!
Who is it for?
The Inspire Programmes are open to the participants from around the world at different career levels (students, young professionals, food retailers, aspiring entrepreneurs, established employees and entrepreneurs). Thanks to the flexibility of our programmes everyone can choose the learning path that suits their needs best. Multidisciplinary backgrounds (e.g. Food Science, Other Sciences, Engineering, Business/ Marketing, Informatics and Computational Science) are welcome and encouraged.
We are looking for:
- Students and researchers researching on the topic with multidisciplinary backgrounds and looking for a new career opportunity
- Aspiring entrepreneurs interested in innovating in the food system and in improving the wellbeing of the population by providing them with safer and healthier products and looking for a coaching experience by EIT Food renowned experts in entrepreneurship, innovation, and food systems.
- Young professionals and industry participants from the agri-food chain who wish to incorporate sustainability in their activities and looking to learn from industry experts and start-up entrepreneurs.
- Farmers and practitioners aiming to understand what the transition to sustainable farming entails and looking to connect with a pan-European network
- Food retailers and other industry staff for a broader perspective of the value chain and looking and looking to connect with a pan-European network
- Commercial organisations interested in building links with a pool of talented food and nutrition researchers, innovators and professionals and aiming to shape the new generation of talent in the food system we are looking for sponsorship opportunities; get in touch!
Stay tuned to learn more about upcoming Inspire Programmes in 2023!
Connect with us to explore engagement opportunities!
More information will be available here soon.
For RIS INSPIRE PROGRAMME activities, all candidates must additionally hold a RIS citizenship from the following countries or regions:
Member States: Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Estonia, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Malta, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain.
Horizon Europe Associated Countries*: Montenegro, Republic of North Macedonia, Serbia, Turkey, Ukraine.
Outermost Regions: Guadeloupe, French Guiana, Réunion, Martinique, Mayotte and Saint-Martin (France), the Azores and Madeira (Portugal), and the Canary Islands (Spain).
*These third countries, which are all listed in the European Innovation Scoreboard, will be fully eligible for the EIT RIS, following the successful conclusion of individual Horizon Europe Association Agreements.
Take a look at the Post-Harvest School 2022 promotional video.
Structure and Modules