University of Warsaw
The University of Warsaw, the largest and top-ranked university in Poland, Polish leader in implementing R&D projects, has scientific expertise in multiple fields: social and economic sciences, mathematical and computer sciences, chemistry and biology as well as research strengthening the sustainability of the food system.
Competences & Capabilities
Main areas of research and development expertise in the field of food are:
- Research on consumer behaviour combined analysis in psychology, sociology, social anthropology, marketing and economics;
- Regulatory frameworks for the food industry;
- Operations and strategic management in FMCG sector;
- Corporate Social Responsibility in the food sector;
- Big data analytics;
- Assessment of biological and chemical hazards and food spoilage;
- Research on food ingredients and nutrient biofortification of food crops.
Partner in the following EIT Food projectsView all EIT Food projects
projectConnecting publicly funded agrifood research infrastructure to the market.
projectEIT Food Government Executive Academy brings together public sector representatives from 22 RIS countries, researchers working in the field of agrifood innovations from industry, academia and European institutions.
2021 > 2022projectFood Solutions brings together multi-disciplinary teams to tackle real-life industry challenges and develop innovative new solutions for the food system