Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft zur Förderung der angewandten Forschung e.V. is the leading organisation for applied research in Europe, with a staff of 26,600 at 72 institutes and research units in Germany and subsidiaries in Europe, North and South America as well as Representive Offices in Asia, the Middle East and Africa. As an innovation driver we lead strategic initiatives to master future challenges and thus more than 70 percent of revenues is from contract research.
Competences & Capabilities
Our core competencies with respect to EIT Food are:
- Food and packaging technology
- Multi-sensory product perception and consumer preference
- Food quality and safety including visual inspection systems
- New technologies for the protection of crop plants and food sources
- Environmental biotechnology and bioprocess engineering
- Resource efficient processing in Industry 4.0 environment
- New solutions for material flow and logistics
Our capabilities cover also pilot plant facilities.