UNIVERSIDAD AUTÓNOMA DE MADRID
Universidad Autónoma de Madrid (UAM) is a Life Sciences specialised academic institution, ranked 11th worldwide and 4th in Europe.
UAM hosts 2 complementary Food&Nutrition Institutes:
- CIAL (UAM-CSIC): focused on innovation in food design for nutrition and health.
- IMDEA Food: targeting precision nutrition for human chronic disease prevention.
Competences & Capabilities
Working for the increment of competitiveness and innovation of food industry through knowledge transfer from bench-to-fork. An integrated ecosystem is located in our Campus to comply with the 3 pillars of knowledge: R&D, entrepreneurship and education.
- Food and Nutritional Genomics Platform
- Service platform for food industrial sector
- Metabolomics platform
- Bioanalytical techniques unit
- Gastrointestinal simulator
- Laboratory of cooperative activity in R&D
Partner in the following EIT Food projectsView all EIT Food projects
projectWant to make a difference? What are you waiting for?
projectJoin our network of women leaders who wish to drive change, innovation and sustainability within the food sector.
projectDevelop shelf-stable and perceived and healthy processed foods
projectDiscover the importance of public engagement in science, and learn techniques to share and raise awareness of your research.
projectDiscover the fascinating world of food science and feel empowered to make safe, healthy, and sustainable food choices.
2021 > 2022projectFood Solutions brings together multi-disciplinary teams to tackle real-life industry challenges and develop innovative new solutions for the food system