UNIVERSIDAD AUTÓNOMA DE MADRID
Universidad Autónoma de Madrid (UAM) is a Life Sciences specialised academic institution, ranked 11th worldwide and 4th in Europe.
UAM hosts 2 complementary Food&Nutrition Institutes:
- CIAL (UAM-CSIC): focused on innovation in food design for nutrition and health.
- IMDEA Food: targeting precision nutrition for human chronic disease prevention.
Competences & Capabilities
Working for the increment of competitiveness and innovation of food industry through knowledge transfer from bench-to-fork. An integrated ecosystem is located in our Campus to comply with the 3 pillars of knowledge: R&D, entrepreneurship and education.
- Food and Nutritional Genomics Platform
- Service platform for food industrial sector
- Metabolomics platform
- Bioanalytical techniques unit
- Gastrointestinal simulator
- Laboratory of cooperative activity in R&D
Partner in the following EIT Food projectsView all EIT Food projects
projectDevelop shelf-stable and perceived and healthy processed foods
projectDiscover the importance of public engagement in science, and learn techniques to share and raise awareness of your research.
2021 > 2022projectFood Solutions brings together multi-disciplinary teams to tackle real-life industry challenges and develop innovative new solutions for the food system