Puratos NV is a global leading manufacturer of ingredients for bakery, patisserie and chocolate. The vision of Puratos is built around taste and nutrition and a strong commitment to help to prepare the world for the next generation. This vision translates in products and solutions optimising nutritional profiles of baked goods, bringing more grains and fruits in the diet, creating transparency in the supply chain, mobilising new sources of raw material and reducing food waste.
Competences & Capabilities
- In-depth knowledge of consumer expectations and needs in the field of food and more specifically related to Baked good and chocolate.
- Expertise on ingredients and technologies used in bakery patisserie and chocolate field.
- State of the art pilot facilities technologies in bakery patisserie and chocolate field that can be activated in projects exploring market access for new ingredients or products with optimized nutritional profiles or health benefits.
- Due to the global presence of Puratos: positioning new products and solution in a non-European context and to increase the potential for export outside of the European Union.
- Sensorial analysis expertise and the Sensobus (mobile sensorial lab).
Partner in the following EIT Food projectsView all EIT Food projects
projectRethinking food packaging for regenerating resources
projectDevelop a new product concept from the bakery and/or fruit side streams
projectDevelop shelf-stable and perceived and healthy processed foods
2021 > 2022projectFood Solutions brings together multi-disciplinary teams to tackle real-life industry challenges and develop innovative new solutions for the food system
projectIt is a global challenge to ensure sufficient food to feed future generations while utilizing natural resources in a sustainable manner.