Danone is a food and beverage company headquartered in Paris, France with different product categories: Dairy & Plant-based, Waters, Specialised Nutrition.
Danone Nutricia Research, the Research and Innovation arm within Danone, is at the heart of Danone’s strategy: innovating to bring health through food to as many people as possible. 1,700 R&I employees work from 2 main research centres in France & The Netherlands & 6 specialised centres and 55 Business units worldwide.
Competences & Capabilities
- Food and nutrition and health
- Healthy eating and drinking practices
- Food processing and product development
- Fermentation, Pro/prebiotics & Microbiome
- Hydration & health
- Food quality and food safety
- Consumer & behaviour science
- Innovative Food products
- Packaging & new materials
- Plant-based alternatives
- Clinical studies
- Data quality
- Personalised food & digital solutions
- Market research (trend watching, consumer needs and wants, concept testing, product testing)
Partner in the following EIT Food projects
EIT Food Government Executive Academy brings together public sector representatives from 28 RIS countries, researchers working in the field of agrifood innovations from industry, academia and European institutions.
Using innovative technology to develop a healthy sugar substitute
The demand for vegan and vegetarian food products including alternatives to meat, milk, or eggs, has expanded considerably during recent years in Europe.
EIT Food Regional Innovation Scheme (RIS) implements the “EIT Food RIS Strategy, 2018-2020”.
A 6-month programme that aims to transform innovative ideas and research breakthroughs into market-validated business propositions.
Partnering with the world-leading corporates & research institutions in the agrifood space