ABP Food Group
ABP Food Group is an integrated agrifood business operating 50 manufacturing sites in 7 EU countries. We are structured around 4 divisions and our principal business is in red meat processing (beef and lamb) for retail, wholesale, food service, etc. The remaining divisions look to maximise carcass utilisation into Petfood (C&D), Proteins for Pharma and food ingredients and finally a sizeable renewable energy division (Olleco). Research interest is sustainable proteins.
Competences & Capabilities
Main areas of expertise include:
- Understanding of beef/lamb farming systems and drivers of efficiency across Europe.
- Strong category and consumer understanding of the protein purchaser (meat, fish, poultry and non-meat).
- Environmental sustainability and the drivers of improvements at farm and business level.
- Adding value to animal by-products.
- Brand protection - food authenticity, security and safety of supply chains.
Partner in the following EIT Food projectsView all EIT Food projects
projectEIT Food North-West, in collaboration with ABP Group and Zoetis, is hosting an event themed “The Role of Livestock in Achieving Net-Zero Targets”. Join us in Dublin, Ireland, on the 16th of March!EIT Food North-West, in collaboration with…
News involving ABP Food GroupView all EIT Food news
regional newsOur event in Dublin focused on how the livestock sector is evolving in response to global climate challenges.