Where brilliant co-founders team up and create impactful agrifood startups.
TeamUp matches leading technologists with entrepreneurial business professionals and supports them on their journey to co-create truly impactful agrifood ventures.
In Southern and Eastern Europe, there is a worrying gap between the number of innovative agrifood technologies developed at universities and the number of such technologies reaching the market. Our research shows that impactful startups with strong teams are better placed to commercialise promising agrifood solutions and transform our food system.
TeamUp is a 6-month programme that finds and matches up brilliant innovators with compatible and complementary profiles. TeamUp provides important tools and support to build your startup including expert guidance, world-class training, mentorship, networking and funding. These new teams will be nurtured to create strong co-founder relationships with aligned purpose and values.
Who should apply
You've got a technology that can transform the food system.
Apply for TeamUp if you:
- Have an impactful agrifood technology that tackles one of EIT Food's Focus Areas;
- Want to bring your innovative solution to the market but struggle to commercialize it;
- Are passionate about entrepreneurship and want to develop and grow an impactful agrifood startup;
- Want to partner up with the right co-founder who would lead the business side of developing a startup.
You’ve got the skills and experience to build a successful agrifood startup.
Apply for TeamUp if you:
- Have entrepreneurship development experience in areas like business, operations, marketing, strategy and want to apply your skills to bring an impactful agrifood solution to market;
- Are passionate about innovation and technology in the agrifood sector;
- Want to partner up with brilliant technologists and become a co-founder or team member of an innovative agrifood startup;
- Care about making a positive impact in one of EIT Food's Focus Areas.
The programme hopes to attract open-minded and committed people who are great problem solvers and team players. Diversity brings fresh perspectives so we’re looking for co-founders with different genders, ages, backgrounds and ethnicity who both have a passion for agrifood and building impactful startups that can improve our food system.
Apply as a technologist, early-stage startup OR as a business professional. Tell us about your experience and motivation to join the programme. Applications are open now until June 9th. Apply here: https://myeitfood.eu/
Meet diverse and experienced innovators who can help you build an impactful agrifood business. EIT Food will facilitate the matchmaking process to ensure you’ll team up with the person who matches your vision and values.
In your new team, create, test and validate the value proposition and business model of your agrifood solution. During this 3-month phase, get EIT Food training, coaching and expert support as well as a €2,000 stipend per team. Explore how you and your new co-founder work together.
At the end of the programme, the teams will present their learnings and pitch their future plans to the expert panel. The panel will choose the most promising teams to receive funding from EIT Food (up to €40,000).
In 2023, the TeamUp programme will run fully online.
A detailed description of the application process, selection criteria as well as detailed programme content and schedule is available in a Terms & Conditions document. Please make sure to read the Terms and Conditions before applying for the programme.
With the mission to drive change in the agrifood industry, TeamUp will support solutions in the following focus areas:
- Sustainable Agriculture
- Sustainable Aquaculture
- Alternative Proteins
- Circular Food Systems
- Digital Traceability
- Targeted Nutrition
TeamUp is open for the applicants who meet the following eligibility criteria:
- You are a citizen of one of the following RIS (Regional Innovation Scheme) countries: EU Member States: Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Estonia, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Malta, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain; Horizon Europe Associated Countries: Montenegro, Republic of North Macedonia, Serbia, Turkey, Ukraine or EU Outermost Regions: Guadeloupe, French Guiana, Réunion, Martinique, Mayotte and Saint-Martin (France), the Azores and Madeira (Portugal), and the Canary Islands (Spain);
- You have an innovative agrifood technology/solution or experience in business development/entrepreneurship;
- You have received less than €60,000 in funding from EIT Food in 2022;
- You have submitted a complete application in English and have a proficient level of English to participate in the TeamUp programme fully (approximately C1 level);
- You are not currently participating in EIT FAN (Food Accelerator Network) or EIT Food RisingFoodStars programme.
Please make sure to read the TeamUp Terms and Conditions before applying for the programme.