Proof of Concepts Call 2022, 2023, 2024
Who are we looking for?
Through this Open Call, we are looking for innovative public engagement project ideas with the potential for societal impact, to be tested in a Proof of Concept (PoC) phase.
What is a Proof of Concept?
A Proof of Concept is a scoping exercise to test whether an idea, a certain concept or approach when turned into reality would bring societal impact as envisioned. Via this call, we offer an opportunity for individual organisations or small consortia to spend sufficient time on testing and demonstrating the relevance of the proposed approach for establishing the societal impact feasibility of the idea. The Proof of Concept phase can also be used to build a scale-up model for a multi-year project.
Topics selected for the Proofs of Concepts should support EIT Food’s vision: a world where everyone can access and enjoy sustainable, safe, and healthy food – with trust and fairness from farm to fork.
EIT Food is working towards these four Impact Goals:
- Improvement in conditions for enhanced public trust in the food system
- Better health outcomes from our diet
- Improved environmental impact of the Agrifood systems
- Enabling transitions to a circular and sustainable economy
The Proof of Concepts project ideas should have an aim to:
- Equip individuals to make more informed choices (healthier/more sustainable)
- Increase transparency & engagement in the food system
- Include consumer involvement in shaping a future food system
Submission Window 2 - Now Open!!! Please be aware of the updated dates!
Launch/Opening Dates: 15.06.2023
Deadline: 18.08.2023 12:00 CET
Review Period: 19.08.2023 -15.10.2023
There will be another submission window on June 15 2024
How to apply
To apply to the Call Public Engagement Proof of Concepts you need to fill out each of the sections of the submission template that you find in this link.
Refer to these recommended resources to complete your proposal
- Application Submission Template - for a quick look at the PDF version of the submission form. Actual submissions should be completed on our platform.
- Call guidelines
- Budget template
- Guidance on financial eligibility rules
- PoC 24 webinar
- EIT Food KPIs
- EIT Food Strategic Agenda
- Video on how to use the submission platform
- Document on how to use the submission platform