As part of the EIT’s Crisis Response Initiative, this activity directly contributes to the European Union’s response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
FRIENDS Reduce Food Waste will develop an end-to-end pricing solution that is expected to reduce food waste by more than 40%. The solution will be introduced in a German supermarket chain:
- Improving the safety of store operations and limiting staff and customer exposure to COVID
- Improving the resilience of the food system by increasing real-time stock level insights
- Significantly reducing the carbon footprint of food, by preventing food waste
- Passing savings on to (low-income) families and SME-customers
- Making food waste prevention visible and actionable to out-of-home entrepreneurs and consumers