Get matched with a farmer and test your solution on the field!
Need help with testing your agritech solution?
Apply for Test Farms and validate your product with farmers!
Test Farms links agricultural startups & individuals with farmers and testing-land.
Through enabling these links EIT Food wants to help innovative agritech ideas to validate and test their products and services, showcase their business to customers and investors and finally support the technological transformation in European agriculture.
This year, EIT Food is offering Test Farms program to the following applicants:
- RIS startups & individuals - incorporated companies from the following countries:
- EU Member States: Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Estonia, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Malta, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain.
- Horizon Europe Associated Countries*: Montenegro, Republic of North Macedonia, Serbia, Turkey, Ukraine.
- Outermost Regions: Guadeloupe, French Guiana, Réunion, Martinique, Mayotte and Saint-Martin (France), the Azores and Madeira (Portugal), and the Canary Islands (Spain).
- Non-RIS startups & individuals - Innovators registered in one of the following countries: Albania, Armenia, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Denmark, Faroe Islands, Finland, France, Georgia, Germany, Iceland, Ireland, Israel, Luxembourg, Moldova, Netherlands, Norway, Sweden, Switzerland, Tunisia, United Kingdom
*These third countries, which are all listed in the European Innovation Scoreboard, will be fully eligible for the EIT RIS, following the successful conclusion of individual Horizon Europe Association Agreements.
Participation in the Test Farms program as well as financial subgrant to support testing needs will be available under specific conditions for eligible RIS startups. Non-RIS startups cannot receive the subgrant, however they will be given the possibility to join the program and benefit from the match-making and expert support provided by EIT Food. The cost of these services is 2500 EUR.
Dates could change, but the project management team will report them appropriately. Please read carefully Terms and Conditions before applying to Test Farms Programme 2023.
Test Farms programme is designed to link startups or individuals to validate their agricultural solutions (prototypes) with farmers or agricultural/pasture land to do a pilot project.
- Application period: April 4th to May 4th 2023
- Evaluation and selection of program participants: May 4th to May 16th 2023
- Announcement of the results (pre-selection for farmer matching): May 18th, 2023
- Match-making event: May 19 to June 20, 2023 - Shortlisted startups & individuals will be invited to join one of the match-making events, where they will meet with farmers, evaluate the possibility of testing their innovative solutions on their premises and together create a plan for testing the technology.
- Testing phase: July 2023 - July 2024 - Innovaitors test their solution on the premises of the farmer/test field according to the plan created during the match-making event.
- Demo Day: July 2023 - July 2024 - Following the testing, selected Innovators together with farmers will organise a Demo Day for local farmers/clients to attend, test the solution and possibly buy the product/service.
Please read carefully Terms and Conditions before applying to Test Farms Programme 2023.