GREAT TASTE – ZERO WASTE Toolkit
The toolkit, presented during the Great Taste - Zero Waste conference, aims to reduce food waste at home and make cooking routines greener.
- Are you searching for new and creative ways to reduce your food waste in the kitchen?
- Are you looking to cook smarter and more sustainably in your everyday life?
Then you have come to the right place!
In this toolkit, you can find best practices, tips and tricks, recipes, quizzes and much more by the talented experts from around the Baltic Sea region, so that you can get cooking!
Baltic Sea Food Waste Manifesto
In connection with the organization of the Great Taste – Zero Waste conference taking place in October 2021, a Baltic Sea Food Waste Manifesto will be created. It will be a document for restaurants and hotels to declare and obligate themselves to reduce food waste and cook more sustainably. The manifesto will include guidelines on a more sustainable and waste-free method of cooking as well as good practices on how to maintain minimal food waste and a sustainable restaurant or hotel. The manifesto will aim to ensure that chefs and kitchen professionals are given access to the right knowledge and become motivated to work with food in more sustainable ways.
The final structure and design of the manifesto has yet to be determined, but an idea is to divide it into three parts, 1) responsible supply chain where the focus will be on the products, food quality and client experience, 2) responsible work environment where the focus will be on health, safety, inclusiveness, human rights and similar, and 3) circular economy and climate where the focus will be on emissions, zero waste, production impact and packaging.
The Baltic Sea Food Waste Manifest will be created in four steps:
- A startup online meeting with the contributors (TBC) to discuss topics and format of the manifesto.
- A workshop on 11 Oct. (TBC), the day before the Great Taste – Zero Waste Follow-up Event, where a draft product of the manifesto will be created.
- Presentation of the draft manifesto at the Great Taste – Zero Waste Follow-Up Event on 12 Oct.
- And after the event, the manifesto will be finalised, possibly also with new participants from the Great Taste – Zero Waste Follow-Up Event, in the following months of 2021.