Help us create lasting and sustainable change in the food system.
We’ve launched a competitive, open Impact Funding Framework to promote ambitious, long-term collaboration that will lead to food systems change to benefit us all.
We want our co-investment to have a real impact. We're looking for proposals from consortia based around lead organisations who can work effectively, move quickly, and are supported by high-quality research, communications and impact assessment expertise.
The funding is focussed on two separate areas – larger-scale collaborative programmes, and innovative single projects.
Collaborative Missions Programme Funding
We want to co-fund and co-resource alliances and collaborative programmes designed to:
- Improve the impact of diet on obesity and non-communicable disease
- Reduce food-system-related environmental harms
- Deal with the threats posed by food integrity and complex supply chains
As well as connecting key stakeholders, from companies and research organisations to social enterprises and regions, your programme should engage beneficiaries, whether people, business or organisations, with clearly defined impact needs.
For more detail on the impact targets and measures we need your help to reach, see our Funding for EIT Food Collaborative Missions Programmes document.
Single Project Funding
We’re also looking for innovative solutions to some of the most urgent challenges in skills, innovation, business creation and public engagement. These projects should be fast-paced in terms of getting the solutions where they’re needed most.
We’ve identified three priority areas where we feel we can best deliver long-term impact:
- Protein Diversification: Bringing protein diversification to the mainstream
- Regenerative Agriculture: Enabling farmers to lead the transition to Net Zero
- Labelling, Packaging & Transparency: Empowering people in their food choices
For more detail on the solutions we want to help bring about, see our EIT Food Single Project Co-Funding Opportunity document.
Whether commercial project or not-for-profit intervention, the focus should be on delivering real-world benefit through innovation, education and entrepreneurship. You’ll also need wider customer/citizen/public engagement to show how you’ll deliver economic and/or social value to where it’s most needed.
How can I get involved?
The first step to getting involved is getting in touch.
The easiest way is to contact your nearest regional office and introduce yourself to our teams.
We often run networking events and online consortium-building briefings. You’re welcome to join these and doing so will help us guide you through the application process.
Remember, we’re here to help bring your best ideas to life, with support, guidance and funding.
Because together, we can build a strong food system that’s better for everyone.
Want to stay up to date?
Download all Impact Funding Framework documents below:
- EIT Food Impact Funding Framework 2023-2025 Guidelines - Collaborative Missions Programmes (pdf, 916,257 KB)
- EIT Food Impact Funding Framework 2023-2025 Guidelines - Single Projects (pdf, 1,08 MB)
- Business Model Canvas Template (pptx, 930,65 KB)
- Commercialisation Template and Success Sharing Mechanism (docx, 341,333 KB)