EIT Food North West Seedbed Recruitment Workshop
About the Event
Explore how your research or technology can be applied to the agri-food sector! We are hosting an event to recruit aspiring entrepreneurs for our Seedbed Incubator Programme at EIT Food North West (Iceland, Ireland, and the UK).
The online 2-day workshop will take place on the 3rd and 4th December 2021.
Who should attend?
- Academic or science entrepreneurs in Iceland, Ireland, and the UK
- We particularly welcome female applicants and those from ethnic minorities and any other underrepresented minorities
Why attend the event
- To receive entrepreneurial training from leading innovation experts
- To explore how you could apply your technology within the agri-food sector
- To make connections in the agri-food community and build your team
- To learn how to prepare a competitive Seedbed Incubator application
- To discover why the industry needs your technologies to solve food systems challenges
- To learn from academic entrepreneurs that have succeeded in the industry
Friday 3rd December 1.00pm-5.30pm GMT
- 1.00-1.30pm: Registration and Networking
- 1.30-1.45pm: Introduction to EIT Food Regional Activity and how you can get involved
- 1.45-2.00pm: Welcome from Seedbed Belfast Regional Hub and an introduction to the Seedbed Incubator
- 2.00-2.30pm: Why is the Food Industry interested in Academic Research?
- 2.30-3.00pm: Academic Perspective: What challenges is our Food System Facing and how can technology help?
- 3.00-3.20pm: An Entrepreneur Perspective: Why you should consider applying your technology in the Agri-Food Sector and how Seedbed can help
- 3.20-3.30pm: Academic Perspective: An insight into the challenges in our food system related to nutrition?
- 3.30-3.50pm: Networking Break
- 3.50-5.30pm: Design Thinking Workshop: How could you apply your technology to solve Food System Challenges
- 5.30-7.00pm: Optional Networking
Saturday 4th December 9.00am-3.30pm
- 09.00-09.30am: Registration and Networking
- 09.30-12.30pm: Verbal Business Card, Value Proposition Design & Business Model Canvas
- 12.30-1.30pm: Lunch
- 1.30-2.00pm: ‘Pitching your solution’ for the Agri-Food sector
- 2.00-2.15pm: Tea/Coffee Break
- 2.15-3.00pm: How to prepare a competitive Seedbed Application
- 3.00-3.30pm: Award Ceremony
How do I apply?
The recruitment is for ambitious individuals or teams working on brilliant innovative technologies in Iceland, Ireland, and the UK. To apply to participate in the event, please complete this form.
Application Deadline: Friday 19th November 2021 at 12pm GMT. Successful applicants will be notified week commencing 22nd November 2021.
Do you have a question about the event?
For more information regarding the EIT Food Seedbed Application Support Workshop, please contact: Kerri Crossey, EIT Food Seedbed Incubator Regional Hub Manager at: email@example.com