NEIKER-Tecnalia, the Basque Institute for Agricultural Research and Development, is a non-profit public company attached to the Department of Economic Development and Competitiveness of the Basque Government. NEIKER-Tecnalia is committed to the following R+D+i objectives:
- To improve the productivity and competitiveness of agricultural production systems.
- To develop and apply new management technologies on farms.
- Satisfy the quality and safety requirements of the agro-food processing industry, its products and consumers.
Competences & Capabilities
Main areas of specialisation and technological expertise are:
- Improving the competitiveness of agricultural holdings: increasing productivity and reducing inputs
- Evaluation, sustainable management and valorisation of agroecosystems and natural ecosystems.
- Rationalisation and reduction of the use of medicines and plant protection products
- Local and Organic production
- Climate change in agroecosystems: impact, mitigation and adaptation
- Bio economy and reutilization of organic waste
Partner in the following EIT Food projects
Regenerative agriculture offers one of the greatest opportunities to help Europe address human and climate health, along with the financial well-being of farmers.
The Regenerative Agriculture Revolution is a series of activities whose overall aim is to help farmers and agrifood businesses adopt more regenerative farming practices and raise public awareness about the important health, environmental and economic benefits of eating regeneratively produced food.