NEIKER-Tecnalia, the Basque Institute for Agricultural Research and Development, is a non-profit public company attached to the Department of Economic Development and Competitiveness of the Basque Government. NEIKER-Tecnalia is committed to the following R+D+i objectives:
- To improve the productivity and competitiveness of agricultural production systems.
- To develop and apply new management technologies on farms.
- Satisfy the quality and safety requirements of the agro-food processing industry, its products and consumers.
Competences & Capabilities
Main areas of specialisation and technological expertise are:
- Improving the competitiveness of agricultural holdings: increasing productivity and reducing inputs
- Evaluation, sustainable management and valorisation of agroecosystems and natural ecosystems.
- Rationalisation and reduction of the use of medicines and plant protection products
- Local and Organic production
- Climate change in agroecosystems: impact, mitigation and adaptation
- Bio economy and reutilization of organic waste
Parque tecnológico de Zamudio /Parcela 812
Ziluaga Amigó, MS (Idoia)
Become a partner
Be part of the world’s largest and most dynamic food innovation community.