EXTENDED DEADLINE: Call for EIT Food RIS Policy Council members 2023-2025
EIT Food is looking for experts that would like to participate in the EIT Food RIS Policy Council within EIT Food Regional Innovation Scheme. Due to low number of applications from some countries we extend the Call for representatives from Cyprus, Italy and Malta.
Background information about EIT Food RIS Policy Council
EIT Food RIS Policy Council (RIS Policy Council) is a policy advisory body established in 2019 to support dialogue and wider stakeholders interactions across EIT RIS countries, to contribute towards the further elaboration of EIT Food instruments and projects, as well as to promote linkages with government authorities and other stakeholders.
RIS Policy Council supports EIT Food in policy dialogue and other interactions in the target countries, intending to synchronise the development of EIT Food portfolio with national or regional Smart Specialisation Strategies of the targeted EIT RIS countries. RIS Policy Council strengthens synergies with EIT RIS stakeholders, this will support the active involvement of EIT Food representatives in the Entrepreneurial Discovery Processes in targeted EIT RIS countries and regions. Through policy dialogue with national and regional authorities that select agri-food-related topics as their Smart Specialisation Strategies, EIT Food expects to develop and implement joint innovation and entrepreneurship strategies with Knowledge Triangle partners from the selected EIT RIS countries.
The Members of the EIT Food RIS Council may:
- Officially use the title of the Member of the RIS Policy Council,
- Have impact on strengthening the agrifood ecosystem in their country - empowering Local Innovation Ecosystems to generate impact through funding schemes outside EIT Food and advising on financial sustainability for EIT Food activities,
- Increase their network across EU,
- Expand their knowledge on different innovation policies and agrifood related innovation projects and funding mechanisms across EU,
- participate in EIT Food activities, such as annual Future of Food Conference, activities organised by EIT Food Hubs (if applicable), events gathering other EIT Communities.
EIT Food will cover the costs of participation of the Members in at least four RIS Policy Council meetings yearly, with one meeting held offline in the years 2024 and 2025. Each participant will be granted 3000€ yearly.
How to apply
Deadline for application Interested and eligible individuals are invited to submit their application by 1st December 2023, 23:59 CEST, referring in the e-mail title to Call for EIT Food RIS Policy Council members 2023- 2025. Please send the electronic version of the application to: RIS@eitfood.eu.