Puratos NV is a global leading manufacturer of ingredients for bakery, patisserie and chocolate. The vision of Puratos is built around taste and nutrition and a strong commitment to help to prepare the world for the next generation. This vision translates in products and solutions optimising nutritional profiles of baked goods, bringing more grains and fruits in the diet, creating transparency in the supply chain, mobilising new sources of raw material and reducing food waste.
Competences & Capabilities
- In-depth knowledge of consumer expectations and needs in the field of food and more specifically related to Baked good and chocolate.
- Expertise on ingredients and technologies used in bakery patisserie and chocolate field.
- State of the art pilot facilities technologies in bakery patisserie and chocolate field that can be activated in projects exploring market access for new ingredients or products with optimized nutritional profiles or health benefits.
- Due to the global presence of Puratos: positioning new products and solution in a non-European context and to increase the potential for export outside of the European Union.
- Sensorial analysis expertise and the Sensobus (mobile sensorial lab).
Partner in the following EIT Food projects
This project will bring together key stakeholders in Europe (from academia, industry, safety authorities, policy makers and consumers) to debate about the protein challenge from a technological, nutritional, economic, environmental, legislative and social point of view
Protein is perhaps the most challenging macronutrient when it comes to sustainable production
EcoPack: Finding solutions to enable consumers and retailers to pack on-the-go items in grocery stores ecologically
The solutions include Reducing the amount of plastic bags used by consumers in supermarkets to pack on-the-go items (e
Students recruited at the four universities within the consortium will be exposed to unique opportunities to interact with academics, entrepreneurs and researchers, experts in different segments of the food chain
Consumers are increasingly demanding healthier products to fulfil their personalised nutrition needs and more natural foods (clean label) in which they can put their trust
Develop your talent with top agri-food players during a paid internship in EU! MSc students and graduates with different educational backgrounds as well as Ph
Funded in collaboration with EIT Food, the Summer School is the outcome of the partnership between both academic and industrial partners: Universität Hohenheim, Queens' University Belfast and Cambridge University, together with Energy Pulse Systems and Puratos
The goal of this project is to enable companies worldwide to easily identify candidate side streams for valorisation to catalyse match-making between suppliers and buyers and to build a knowledge base for EIT Food making this European consortium a game changer in the global circular bioeconomy
A new class of plant-based ingredients produced by a combination of an air milling, classification and electro-separation process has recently been developed and become available
PHENOLIVA: Treatment and valorisation of olive mill wastes - Application of olive polyphenols to food
Only 20% of the olive fruit result in Extra-Virgin Oil, the remaining 80% are waste (olive pomace)
The following intermediate steps are required