Puratos NV is a global leading manufacturer of ingredients for bakery, patisserie and chocolate. The vision of Puratos is built around taste and nutrition and a strong commitment to help to prepare the world for the next generation. This vision translates in products and solutions optimizing nutritional profiles of baked goods, bringing more grains and fruits in the diet, creating transparency in the supply chain, mobilizing new sources of raw material and reducing food waste.
Competences & Capabilities
- In-depth knowledge of consumer expectations and needs in the field of food and more specifically related to Baked good and chocolate.
- Expertise on ingredients and technologies used in bakery patisserie and chocolate field.
- State of the art pilot facilities technologies in bakery patisserie and chocolate field that can be activated in projects exploring market access for new ingredients or products with optimized nutritional profiles or health benefits.
- Due to the global presence of Puratos: positioning new products and solution in a non-European context and to increase the potential for export outside of the European Union.
- Sensorial analysis expertise and the Sensobus (mobile sensorial lab).
Partner in the following EIT Food projects
EcoPack: Finding solutions to enable consumers and retailers to pack on-the-go items in grocery stores ecologically
The solutions include Reducing the amount of plastic bags used by consumers in supermarkets to pack on-the-go items (e
underPRESSURE project will scale-up a technological solution for producing “high” viscosity fat-based products addressing these consumer demands
Funded in collaboration with EIT Food, the Summer School is the outcome of the partnership between both academic and industrial partners: Universität Hohenheim, Queens' University Belfast and Cambridge University, together with Energy Pulse Systems and Puratos
The following intermediate steps are required