Applications open for Test Farms: test your agritech solution in the field!
Need help with testing your agritech solution? Apply for Test Farms and validate your product with farmers!
What is Test Farms?
Test Farms links agricultural startups with farmers and testing-land. Through enabling these links EIT Food wants to help innovative agritech ideas to validate and test their products and services, showcase their business to customers and investors and finally support the technological transformation in European agriculture.
This year, EIT Food is offering Test Farms programme to the following applicants:
- RIS startups - startups registered in countries eligible for the Regional Innovation Scheme: EU Member States: Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Estonia, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Malta, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain; Horizon Europe Associated Countries: Montenegro, Republic of North Macedonia, Serbia, Turkey, Ukraine or EU Outermost Regions: Guadeloupe, French Guiana, Réunion, Martinique, Mayotte and Saint-Martin (France), the Azores and Madeira (Portugal), and the Canary Islands (Spain);
- Non-RIS startups - Startups registered in one of the following countries: Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Ireland, Luxembourg, Sweden or the Netherlands.
Participation in the Test Farms program as well as financial subgrant to support testing needs will be available under specific conditions for eligible RIS startups.
Non-RIS startups cannot receive the subgrant, however they will be given the possibility to join the program and benefit from the match-making and expert support provided by EIT Food. The cost of these services is 2500 EUR.
Why join Test Farms?
- Validation: Test the functionality and need for your solution by cooperating with professional farmers operating on different types of land, growing various crops and rearing various animals.
- Visibility: Showcase your refined product to potential clients on Demo Day, organised at the site of the farmer.
- Network: Get access to the EIT Food network: agricultural companies, research institutes and startups.
- Funding (for RIS startups): Receive a 3000 EUR budget to support the travel and testing phase.
How to apply
More information about the programme as well as the application form can be found on the programme webpage. Applications for Test Farms are accepted before April 29, 23:59 CET.
*Full information on eligibility, selection criteria and commitment is available in Terms and Conditions of the programme.