Vaxa has developed a disruptive new technology platform perfecting the cultivation of Omega-3 rich micro-algae. Bringing a new scientific approach, our technology, as compared to the current state of the art, requires less than 1% of the fresh water, less than 1% of the land footprint and is carbon negative. We are constantly improving the growth and performance of each strain using machine learning and data analytics techniques.
Competences & Capabilities
- First indoor controlled omega-3 & production from micro algae
- Consistent composition, pathogen-free, bio-secured
- Less than 1% of freshwater and land
- Negative CO2 footprint
- Strong IP and know-how
- 5 times omega-3 composition,10 times yield
- 1/5 production cost
- Enables a unique offering for large addressable markets
- Aquaculture – hatchery, polishing feed
- Human supplements, colourants, protein
- Experienced management & scientific team
News involving VaxaView all EIT Food news
regional newsIn October 2022, EIT Food North-West hosted small food businesses and industry experts in Iceland to encourage collaboration and new overseas partnerships.