Vaxa has developed a disruptive new technology platform perfecting the cultivation of Omega-3 rich micro-algae. Bringing a new scientific approach, our technology, as compared to the current state of the art, requires less than 1% of the fresh water, less than 1% of the land footprint and is carbon negative. We are constantly improving the growth and performance of each strain using machine learning and data analytics techniques.
Competences & Capabilities
- First indoor controlled omega-3 & production from micro algae
- Consistent composition, pathogen-free, bio-secured
- Less than 1% of freshwater and land
- Negative CO2 footprint
- Strong IP and know-how
- 5 times omega-3 composition,10 times yield
- 1/5 production cost
- Enables a unique offering for large addressable markets
- Aquaculture – hatchery, polishing feed
- Human supplements, colourants, protein
- Experienced management & scientific team
Partner in the following EIT Food projects
CovidX aspires to investigate whether a food supplement based on a novel Spirulina-extract can strengthen the immune system and help reduce infection risk of SARS-CoV-2 infection. The supplement will not be a replacement for SARS-CoV-2 vaccinations.
E2F will develop a sustainable source of protein & lipid from omega-3 rich microalgae cultivated using clean power sources (Geothermal/Hydro) & natural CO₂.
Developing a natural blue food colouring
Creative infotaining is the future of knowledge transfer and co-creation among young generations.