Cultivating Our Climate
What are the business strategies to decrease carbon emissions in agrifood sector? Read the Cultivating our Climate report and learn about the trends in lowering GHG emissions by discovering best practices from several Central European companies.
Inspire your business to be climate friendly! Get free access to case studies by signing up to EIT Food network
The COVID-19 pandemic and resulting limitations on travel and other economic sectors in general decreased greenhouse gas emissions within the economy, yet their levels in the agrifood sector remained stable. Therefore the Green Deal’s Farm to Fork Strategy, which aims to accelerate the transition to sustainable food systems, is going to require not only growing consumer awareness, but also tangible new technological and business solutions.
- What are the legislative and consumer pressures that impact the agrifood companies in Central and Eastern Europe?
- Why and how are CEE companies introducing emission reduction solutions to their business models and technology?
The Cultivating our Climate report is based on the macroeconomic analysis, brainstorming session with experts from 12 countries in the CEE region, including Bulgaria, Croatia, Czechia, Estonia, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia and Slovenia and interviews with business owners of the companies from our region.
By downloading the report you get access to:
- Short and clear summary of main regulations aiming to reduce GHG emissions in agrifood sector
- Data on consumer attitudes towards climate change and green transition in Central and Eastern Europe
- 5 case studies of companies from Poland, Serbia and Romania implementing GHG reduction measures