Understanding Food Supply Chains in a Time of Crisis
Learn how agri-food supply chains deal with crises and get practical advice on how you can minimise disruption during COVID-19.
On this free online course, you’ll learn how the pandemic is challenging food supply chains and explore the steps taken by the industry to ensure food security and integrity.
You’ll discover the complexity of the agri-food supply chains and understand its co-dependency with other sectors such as transportation and packaging.
You’ll also hear from companies making a difference with innovative digital food services and solutions.
Who should join the course
This course is designed for all EU consumers and citizens who are concerned about where their food comes from when normal life is disrupted.
It will be of particular interest to anyone looking for reliable information about how the agri-food supply chains ensure that food reaches our plates during crisis situations.
The course will have multiple runs in 2020.
Learning objectives and outcomes
Once completed, participants will be able to:
- Identify the stakeholders and reflect on the complexity of the food supply chains
- Evaluate the consequences of a crisis on the integrity of the food supply chains
- Reflect on your own personal contribution to the problem and explore how you could contribute to the solution.
- Investigate how changes in the way we shop, cook and store food can help reduce food waste.
- Explore the innovations that are helping stakeholders of the agri-food supply chains cope with increased demand
- Engage with the policies of national governments and the EU and minimise the food supply chains disruptions
- Explore the control measures in place to ensure the integrity of our food supply chains
- Reflect on the challenges of bringing food to your plates during a crisis situation.
How to join the course
This course is available on FutureLearn: https://www.futurelearn.com/courses/resilience-food-supply-chain