The goal of the summer school is to provide students with a strong entrepreneurial and managerial propensity to control complex ecosystems of the food chain by applying new technologies with knowledge and expertise. The more specific objectives of the summer school are:
- Introduce participants to entrepreneurial methods and tools to develop new businesses participating in complex food and agri-food chains;
- Providing information and experience on resource management and leadership of complex teams in the food sector;
- Introduce state-of-the-art methodologies and tools, including digital tools, to address the challenges of food ecosystems and the production of healthy and environmentally friendly food according to the criteria of circular economy and green transport;
- Introduce the principles of the circular economy applicable to agricultural production, industry, packaging and retail;
- Provide detailed information on how to apply the progress of Technology Readiness Level (TRL 1 - 9) and the social responsibility balance sheet in food enterprises;
- Disseminate and raise awareness among future entrepreneurs in the use of new generation computer tools (digital twins) for the management, control and maintenance of food ecosystems.
This activity is aimed at university students (Bachelor, PHD, Post Doctoral) . Given the strategic importance of engaging a diverse audience, our activity will target individuals from all university faculties.
Students will be recruited from RIS countries (Regional Innovation Scheme) , to ensure that our activity has representatives from countries, providing different perspectives and points of view on the topics covered. By bringing together people from countries with different food-related problems/challenges, we are promoting a diversity of thoughts and points of view, enriching the activity for all involved.
Integrating entrepreneurship training with food system innovation will enable you to manage solutions to global challenges such as climate change and consumers health.
The training course has been developed, and will be delivered by an outstanding collaborative group composed of European universities, search institutes and companies in the environment and digital sector. This unique Summer School features teaching by highly skilled mentors in entrepreneurship and innovation from the Asomi College of Sciences (Malta), Euc Inovaçao Portugal (Portugal), Environment Park (Italy) . The Summer School presents the best European projects supported by European Commission on this topic.
The training course is augmented by world-class specific entrepreneurship teaching. This proposition combines academia, applied research and industrial innovation.
You will work in interdisciplinary teams with mentoring/ coaching by experts from the universities, research institutes, start-ups and companies throughout the 3 weeks of full immersion.
The course provides university diploma.
The core of this Summer School is to teach young future entrepreneurs about innovation applied to food and agri-food systems in line with the EIT Food - STEAM strategy.
The opportunity is to create a new generation of European entrepreneurs capable of operating with innovative tools on complex ecosystems. The Summer School will provide access to tools, methodologies and best practices from the best universities, research, innovation, and professional circuits.
Students will be supported towards sustainable and intelligent food and agri-food systems.
The approach is practical with presentations of technological tools. The study curriculum provides support on business development, team creation and motivation, market research, entrepreneurial risk analysis.
Duration & Dates
The course lasts 3 weeks, from the 4th of July until the 22nd of July 2022.
Audience & Eligibility
University students (more info under Objectives)
Registration Open & SeatsOpen
Keep me informed
Structure & Modules
A group of motivated participants from across Europe will join our Inspire - New technologies to manage food ecosystems. Over a period of 3 weeks, the Summer School will provide a dynamic and supportive environment.
The Training Course will take place online with a combination of online (asynchronous) learning resources; and live (synchronous) interactive virtual sessions:
Total course time commitment = 40 hours plus 20 hours for a total of 60 hours.
The core part of the Summer School focusing on STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics) plus 20 hours of in-depth 'Entrepreneurship Spine' for a total of 60 hours.