EIT Food Open Call 2022
EIT Food’s vision is a world where everybody can access and enjoy sustainable, safe, and healthy food – with trust and fairness from farm to fork. The intention of this Call for Proposals is to maximise the societal, economic and environmental impact of innovative ideas and consortia within the scope of EIT Food’s Impact Framework, as described in our Strategic Agenda 2021-27.
EIT Food’s Impact Framework targets four primary Impact Goals for food system change:
- Improvement in conditions for enhanced public trust in the food system
- Reduction in relative risk of obesity & Non-Communicable Disease (NCD) prevalence in target populations due to known dietary factors
- Improved environmental impact of agri-food systems
- Enabling transition to a circular & sustainable economy
Scope of Call 2022
EIT Food is calling for consortia of organisations to submit proposals for collaborative activities which will bring innovative technology solutions to the market in the agrifood sector.
Proposals responding to this call must include the following key elements:
- Propose one or more near-to-market, commercially viable innovative technology solutions aligned with EIT Food Focus Areas, Challenges and Impact Framework (More details in the Call 2022 Guidelines).
- Innovative solutions must have a TRL level 7 at the time of the proposal submission.
- All proposed activities, regardless of activity duration, must launch at least one innovative solution by 31 December 2023, including revenue generated of at least 10.000 EUR. Activities ending in 2024 must launch an additional marketed innovation by 31 December 2024.
Frequently Asked Questions
Please see our Additional Proposal Resources tab for useful documents to help with your application. You will find here a compiled list of Frequently Asked Questions and Call 2022 Guidelines Webinar Recording..
Who can participate?
Call 2022 is open to all organisations eligible for Horizon Europe funding. It is not a prerequisite to be an EIT Food partner to submit a proposal. Organisations intending to participate in the call must be eligible for EU funding according to Horizon Europe rules, e.g. incorporated in Europe or associated countries.
All organisations which are successful in this call process will be required to complete the onboarding process to become a KIC Partner and accede to the Grant Agreement (GA) signed with the EIT. They will also need to formally become an EIT Food Partner before the projected activity start date. Additional information regarding the EIT Food partnership categories, corresponding rights and obligations and application forms are available here. More details regarding the consortium requirements and organisation criteria are available in the Call 2022 Guidelines.
How to participate?
To participate all activities must submit a full proposal in PLAZA, our online submission platform.
The first step for new organisations is to set up an account PLAZA via this link. Existing EIT Food Partners do not need to register, as they already have access to PLAZA.
Please see details for submission in the Call 2022 Guidelines and attend our webinars, which will help you navigate the application process.
Call Opens: 1 November 2021
Submission Deadline: 14 January 2022 23:59 CET
Panel Presentation: 14-25 March 2022
Communication about Selected Proposals: 25-29 April 2022