WeLead workshop in Poland
The WELeadFood workshop is a free training, created by women and dedicated to women, allowing us to awaken the appetite for change, growth and will give us practical tools to turn our ideas into action.
We are specialists in our fields. We manage, coordinate, set the vision and goals for ourselves and our teams, organise resources, and nurture relations with our partners. This ambitious set of tasks is familiar to many of us - women working in the sector of science, innovation, business, public bodies or civil society organisations. However, we still do not consider ourselves as 'leaders'. A recent report by McKinsey entitled Women in Food highlighted that while the food sector employs around 49% women at entry levels, in the upper levels these numbers drop to as low as 9%. The reasons for this are not only attributed to the common identification of men with leadership competences, but also to the lack of systemic support which would allow women to unlock and develop their dormant potential in entrepreneurship and strategic thinking.
The #WELeadFood Poland workshop is a free training, created by women and dedicated to women, which will allow us to awaken the appetite for change, growth and will give us practical tools to turn our ideas into action!
The workshop will provide us with a space for collaboration and co-creation. We will be accompanied by women who are successfully fulfilling leadership roles in their organisations and who have been shaping positive change in Europe's food sector for years. The WE Lead Food training will help us envision our goals and plan the steps needed to achieve them, so that we can realise our ambitions, both for ourselves and our institutions, with full awareness and empowerment.
- 9:00 - 9:30 - Registration, welcome session
- 9:30 - 10:00 - Icebreaker
- 10:00 - 10:15 - #WELeadFood, Shima Barakat, University of Cambridge
- 10:15 - 11:15 - Get inspired! - panel session with female experts
- 11:15 - 11:30 - Coffee break
- 11:30 - 13:00 - Plan and achieve your goals! - training session
- 13:00 - 13:30 - Lunch
- 13:30 - 15:30 - Broaden your horizons! - networking via culinary experience
- 15:30 - 15:45 - What's next? Impact plan
- 15:45 - 16:00 - #WELeadFood, Shima Barakat, University of Cambridge, closing session