The current situation and future trends of the sector were discussed at The Impact in Food Conference
The event organised by EIT Food Hub Turkey took place online on the 6th of December 2022; and discussed the current situation and future trends of the food and agriculture sector in Turkey and Europe with the leading actors of the agrifood sector.
The Impact in Food Conference (GEK), developed by Foodback as EIT Food Hub Turkey, is a conference series that aims to create a long-term impact by addressing social and environmental issues in the field of food and agriculture in the dimensions of food, agriculture, innovation and entrepreneurship.
The GEK, which was held for the first time in 2021 under the name of Annual Food Agenda, took place online on the 6th of December 2022; and discussed the current situation and future trends of the food and agriculture sector in Turkey and Europe with the leading actors of the agrifood sector.
GEK 2022, which was set out with the slogan "For a better future, take action", aims to mobilize all stakeholders in the field of food and agriculture, from decision makers to consumers, for social and environmental benefits.
Accordingly, the conference offered the participants the opportunity to discover innovative companies, initiatives and the latest innovations in the field. The flow of the conference included inspiring talks, networking sessions and roundtables, as well as sharing information on the transformation of the food and agriculture sector to make it healthier, sustainable and reliable.
Among the speakers of the conference, where the current situation and future trends of the food and agriculture sector in Turkey and Europe were discussed, Philip Lymbery, CEO of Compassion in World Farming, animal rights advocate and author; Elvira Domingo, EIT Food Regional Innovation Program Manager; Michelin-starred chef Maksut Aşkar; Semi Hakim, co-founder and CEO of Kök Project; strategic brand and digital marketing consultant Göksemin Gökalp Özdemir; Yasemin Özen Gürelli, CCO of Ipsos; FarmLabs Agricultural Technologies co-founder and CEO Hasan İmge Çelik and many other important names took part.
- 9.00 - 9.05 | Opening
- 9.05 - 9.25 | Food and Innovation
- 9.25 - 10.10 | A Glance to 2050 in the Food System
- 10.10 - 10.55 | Will Technology Save
- 10.55 - 11.05 | The Future Food with EIT Food
- 11.05 - 11.50 | Entrepreneurs Leading Change: How Can Startups Change the Future of the Food Industry?
- 11.50 - 12.00 | Alternative Protein Sector Trends and Opportunities
- 12.00 - 13.00 | Break
- 13.00 - 13.50 | Our Most Valuable Resource: Water
- 13.50 - 14.00 | How to Make the agrifood Sector Crisis Resistant in Turkey
- 14.00 - 14.45 | Sustainable Food Supply & Restaurant Management
- 14.45 - 15.15 | Design & Food