In its third year, the programme will come to life with 110 women entrepreneurs in 11 countries at the same time. The EWA Programme, through which we have reached thousands of women entrepreneurs, has given an award of €50,000 until this year, providing opportunities for many women entrepreneurs to grow.
In Turkey, 10 female entrepreneurs selected among the applications will attend online and offline training and events for 6 months and receive both one-on-one and expert mentorship support. The winner in the country final will receive a prize of €10,000, and the runner-up will receive a prize of €5,000.
The 10 selected entrepreneurs for the third edition of EWA Turkey are:
- Berfu Safranbolulu, Burcu Tamkoç - Porion: Porion manufactures a pocket-portable, easy-to-use and rechargeable biosensor for people with celiac disease that can detect gluten in all kinds of foods within minutes and at sensitive levels.
- Deniz Sapaz - SoilBiome: SoilBiome develops a plant-specific fertilizer supplement that increases plant resistance and yield with endophytic bacteria to be detected at species level by eDNA method.
- Deniz Yoldaç - Limonita: Limonita is a vegan butcher that produces vegan cuisine and vegetable meat, working for a sustainable world that respects the right to life of all living things.
- Dilara Üzünlü - T2B: T2B provides beekeeping automation, vital data collection, data analysis, operations planning and operations control.
- Ece Cankat - Şarapp: Şarapp offers a mobile application that is created by the combination of wine, which has an important role in the world of gastronomy, and technology.
- Nerve Cansu İşeri - Bionome: Bionome is working on the microalgae-based recombinant production of CBD oil.
- Selin Arslan - Farmhood: Farmhood develops healthy foods that have not lost their naturalness by utilizing food technologies, especially the Freeze Dry method, to protect agricultural resources, increase the value of agricultural production and reduce waste.
- Semra Ünal Yıldırım - Sumatrix: Sumatrix uses bacteria to convert organic waste into biodegradable biocellulose polymers.
- Sena Tarım, Gökçe Tidim - Biopols: By using biopolymer composites enriched with natural molecules, Biopols ensures that foods are kept fresh for a longer period of time.
- Tuğba Özbek - NFS Natural Functional Solutions: NFS enriches daily foods with functional nutrients obtained from natural sources, natural processes, and produces functional foods by taking food beyond nutrition.