The Rocket-up activity has opened a call for female-led start-ups that address challenges related with EIT Urban Mobility, EIT Manufacturing or EIT Food focus areas, to support their access to new European regions.
Women-led startups receive only 2% of the Venture Capital funding in Europe. Accessing new markets is especially difficult for women due to normally having fewer connections. Through activities like Rocket-up we support ventures to achieve growth, as part of our compromise with reaching gender balance in the European startup ecosystem.
Rocket-up is a 3-month initiative that supports women-led startups in accessing a new country or region by connecting them with experts and networking opportunities all around Europe. We seek mature start-ups, with a product market fit, based in Europe or Europe related countries, that add to the Sustainable Development Goals (all details can be find in the webpage).
For the activity, a total of 10 startups will be selected to take part in the activities, which will promote international outreach and sales to the most innovative ventures.
- Internationalization squad: Tailored and individual mentoring with 3 handpicked local experts for a new market entry.
- Organized mission: Introductions with potential stakeholders of the preferred target city.
- Online group events: Four online events with training activities, successful female entrepreneurs as speakers and opportunities for networking and connection with other entrepreneurial women.
- EIT network: Access to the EIT network (including European cities, industries partners, investors) and financial opportunities
- Visibility: We give startups more visibility through EIT communication channels as an EIT Community supported venture
Rocket Up is held inside Supernovas, a Cross KIC project that aspires to promote a more gender balance entrepreneurial ecosystem. The project is led by EIT Food, EIT Urban Mobility and EIT Manufacturing.
Deadline for the submission of proposals: 12 June 2022