7 organizations have been selected to implement EWA´s Programme fourth edition
EIT Food has the pleasure to announce that 7 organizations have been selected to carry out activities to build entrepreneurial capacities for women in the agrifood sector for Southern Europe in 2023.
Altogether, EIT Food collected 15 applications from Greece, Italy, Portugal, Spain and Turkey.
These are the organisations that are going to implement the fourth edition of EWA (Empowering Women in Agrifood) programme in their countries.
EWA 2023 Organisations
- "AWomanCanBe.org" challenges the seterotypes andf the established perceptions of women´s roles. Empowering women and environmental sustainability are at the heart of their priorities. They strive for a sustainable world, where gender equality and the human rights of girls and women are guaranteed and implemented and they promote women as leaders and agents of change by supporting female inclusive initiatives that address the Global Sustainable Development Goals.
- UPTEC. A meeting point between the university of Porto and businesses, where companies benefit from business development, giving support to connect them with global growth networks.
- Portuguese Women In Tech was launched in April 2016, by Liliana Castro and Inês Santos Silva, with a dual mission: support women in technology by providing visibility, networking, mentorship and by creating trainings and other opportunities.
- Future Food Institute exists to make exponential positive change, to sustainably improve life on Earth, through education and innovation in the global food systems. By training the next generation of change-makers, empowering communities, and engaging government and industry in actionable innovation, Future Food catalyzes progress towards achieving the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
- DOCK3 - The Startup Lab is the laboratory where to find the best cofounders, learn how to start a startup with the help of those who have already done it, raise the first funds and pitch an idea to dozens of investors. It gathers every year the most motivated 100 talents from 50+ universities and connects them with accelerators, venture capitals and companies throughout Europe.
- Naked Innovations drives Food System Transformation by empowering diverse talent, scaling ventures and building ecosystems to enable impactful results and systemic change that aligns planet & people. Launched in 2017, they work with diverse groups of stakeholders throughout the food system including corporates, government organisations, non-profits, research institutes and startups.
- Impact Hub Istambul offers a membership based co-working space to empower impact driven, creative people. Our community consists of people from a wide variety of disciplines like entrepreneurs, consultants, investors, software developers, designers, artists, creatives, and freelancers.
About EWA Programme
Empowering Women in Agrifood programme aims to provide comprehensive support to women in their early-stage entrepreneurial path in discovering their potential, providing them with appropriate knowledge and access to a wide network of contacts so that they can successfully set up and develop a sustainable business in the agrifood industry. During the programme EWA participants (Mentees) take part in dedicated trainings, workshops and events, while developing ideas under the individual supervision of a professional female or male Mentor.
2023 Applications are open!