Matis is an independent, governmentally owned, food and biotech R&D company headquartered in Iceland. We are active participants in many national and international R&D and innovation projects, including FP7 and Horizon2020 programmes, and have an ongoing fruitful global cooperation with many of the world largest food and ingredient companies, a large number of SMEs and entrepreneurs, as well as universities and institutes
Competences & Capabilities
- Food processing, quality and safety
- Biotechnology and genetics
- Innovative processes and ingredients
- Product and process development
- Food and environmental analysis
- Consumer and sensory science
- Sustainability/full resource utilisation
- Traceability and logistics
- Aquaculture and feed
- Market analysis and trends
- New business development
- Training and education programmes
- Consumer communications
Partner in the following EIT Food projectsView all EIT Food projects
projectThis event will provide insight into the results of the EIT Food project “NUTRIMILK", hosted by the University of Reading.
projectJoin this unique 3-weeks programme that will equip you with innovation and entrepreneur tools to have an impact on the aquaculture sector.
News involving MatísView all EIT Food news
regional newsIn October 2022, EIT Food North-West hosted small food businesses and industry experts in Iceland to encourage collaboration and new overseas partnerships.