EIT Food, EIT manufacturing and EIT Urban Mobility join forces in SUPERNOVAS to bring more women into the entrepreneurship ecosystem. We empower woman-led start-ups, enable women to join the early-stage funding industry and inspire role models across the sector.
Supernovas is a programme that aims at promoting an entrepreneurial ecosystem with more female presence to shape the available innovations in the market.
Download The Landscape of Women Founded Scaleups study!
Here you can find the latest study launched with the collaboration of Dealroom, "The Landscape of Women Founded Scaleups": Supernovas | The Landscape of Women Founded Scaleups study - EIT Food
We deliver 4 activities:
- Rocket up: We support female-led startups to enter a new European market with a solid strategy and local validation of the product and service, to maximize their growth and fundraising potential.
- Women2Invest: We help women with STEAM studies start their careers in venture investment by training them in the fundamentals of this profession and matching them with investors (venture capital, corporate venture capital or corporate venturing units) for internship opportunities.
- Mentoring for women leaders: Offers EIT community women access to a broad network, mentoring, coaching and training opportunities to take their managerial and leadership skills to the next level
- Women Investor Network: we provide women working in VC (junior or senior positions), and female business angels (active or to-be) with training, networking opportunities and access to dealflow, particularly in tech female-led startups.We do this by applying a transversal approach that focuses on:
- Awareness-raising and model creation
- Capacity building and empowering women to enter and shine in the ecosystem
- Connecting women present ain the enrepreneurship ecosystem and those wishing to join it.
- Articulating a support system for female investors and entrepreneurs.
It also articulates a support system for women to enter and scale positions in the ecosystem, while at the same time, opening up the scope of roles that need to be more populated with women. All in all, we want to help participants in this programme to gather financial support, provide them with information and education recommendations and create networking opportunities.