The main objective of this project is to find innovative solutions that tackle the problems faced by the food system created by women entrepreneurs while supporting them to grow these entrepreneurial ideas. On balance, the Project will also help these women to access other programmes offered by EIT Food. All these women entrepreneurs must come from within the above-mentioned regions.
The secondary aims of the activities are:
- Developing early stage startups and create new ones
- Sparking co-founder relationships
- Building links between industry, academia, startups and the wider community
The activities will include:
- scouting services,
- mentoring and education of female entrepreneurs working in the agri-food sector,
- organising workshops and providing networking opportunities,
- organising a final competition event
The selection process is implemented as an open call managed by EIT Food, Co-Location Centre South, using clear and transparent selection criteria.