Corporate Venturing Workshop - Central-Eastern Europe
The Central-Easter European Corporate Venturing Community is a learning community for innovation leaders of agrifood companies.
Elevate and accelerate your innovativeness!
Join EIT Food workshop on 5th od December 2023 and a community dinner on 4th of December 2023 to meet your peers from the industry, learn about open innovation and corporate venturing and get to know practical cases and experiences from the region. Free participation, register today to secure a place at this exclusive event. Only a limited number of places available!
- 4th of December 2023 – pre-workshop dinner to meet other participants and break the ice in a relaxed atmosphere. Let’s start sharing experience and create connections!
- 5th of December 2023 – whole day expert and hands-on workshop (9 AM – 5 PM)
Venue: Warsaw, centre, details to be provided to approved participants
The workshop will be lead by a Prof. Dr. Tobias Gutmann. He will be joined by selected companies from the CEE region who will share their experience in open innovation and corporate venturing. You will be able to learn about the initiatives of EIT Food supporting corporate venturing and open innovation from the EIT Food team.
Who is our lead expert?
Prof. Dr. Tobias Gutmann is Assistant Professor at EBS Business School. His research focuses on innovation management in technology-driven transformations at the nexus of strategic innovation management, technology management and entrepreneurship. He co-heads the Institute for Technology, Innovation & Customer Centricity (TICC) and the Siemens Product Innovation Lab.
With 10 years of experience in the corporate world, he has extensive experience in business development, strategy, innovation management and corporate venturing. He has been a consultant to several multinational companies, helping them to (re-)design their innovation strategy to achieve long-term business impact. He has lived in Germany, Spain, Denmark, the UK, and the US and is passionate about innovation and technology.
He holds degrees in Electrical Engineering and Information Technology and International Management, and a Ph.D. from HHL Leipzig Graduate School of Management. He was a visiting scholar at the Copenhagen Business School and UC Berkeley.
The workshop will cover:
- Concepts of corporate venturing and open innovation as a tools to boost you company’s innovation
- Corporate venturing practices: choosing the right instrument for your company
- Corporate venturing in practice and ups and downs of collaborating with startups (Experience of companies from the CEE region, incl. Żabka, Maspex)
- Defining corporate & startup collaboration frameworks
- Defining, Monitoring, and assessing success in corporate startup collaboration
Who is it for?
Agrifood Corporates from CEE (eligible EU Member States: Bulgaria, Croatia, Czechia, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Hungary, Poland, Romania, Slovenia, Slovakia, and Horizon Europe Associated Countries: Montenegro, North Macedonia, Serbia, Ukraine)
- Executives in different roles: Innovation Director, Business Development Director, Research Director and other options acting as connectors between startups and the corporation, and with the entrepreneurship ecosystem in general.
- Companies: Companies in the agrifood sector with a turnover beyond 50 million euros, no upper limit, and already committed to work with startups, some starting and some already ahead of the game
The detailed agenda coming soon!