Applications for TeamUp are open now!
Find the right co-founder for your agrifood startup
28 Apr 2023
Apply for TeamUp, find the right partner and receive training, coaching and funding from EIT Food.
What is TeamUp?
TeamUp is an EIT Food programme that matches leading technologists with top business professionals and supports them in building impactful agrifood ventures.
TeamUp provides important tools and support to build your startup including expert guidance, world-class training, mentorship, networking and funding.
The programme is designed for:
- People who have an impactful agrifood solution or technology but struggle to commercialise it;
- People who have the skills and experience to build a successful agrifood startup.
Why join TeamUp?
- Find the right business or tech co-founder: Meet diverse and experienced professionals who can help you build and grow an impactful agrifood startup. Get guidance to select the right business/tech co-founder or team member with the relevant skills, connections and expertise:
- Build and grow an impactful startup: Together with your co-founder, develop, test and validate the business model of your startup during a 3-month exploration phase;
- Get access to expert training, coaching and industry network: Receive business training and support from mentors and industry experts. Joining the EIT Food programme also means getting access to a network of top agrifood universities, corporates and successful startups;
- Get funding: Each new team will be supported with a €2,000 monthly stipend (per team) during a 3-month exploration phase. At the end of the program, all teams will get a chance to compete for further funding from EIT Food (up to €40,000);
- Psychometric profiling: Get a psychometric analysis of your profile, strengths and opportunities, values, behavioural preferences, teamwork style, soft skills and co-founder preferences.
Who can apply?
TeamUp is open for the applicants who meet the following eligibility criteria:
- You are a citizen of one of the following RIS (Regional Innovation Scheme) countries: EU Member States: Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Estonia, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Malta, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain; Horizon Europe Associated Countries: Montenegro, Republic of North Macedonia, Serbia, Turkey, Ukraine or EU Outermost Regions: Guadeloupe, French Guiana, Réunion, Martinique, Mayotte and Saint-Martin (France), the Azores and Madeira (Portugal), and the Canary Islands (Spain);
- You have an innovative agrifood technology/solution or experience in business development/entrepreneurship;
- You have received less than €60,000 in funding from EIT Food in 2022;
- You have submitted a complete application in English and have a proficient level of English to participate in the TeamUp programme fully (approximately C1 level);
- You are not currently participating in EIT FAN (Food Accelerator Network) or EIT Food RisingFoodStars programme.
Need help in applying? See our myeitfood manual and get started!
Please make sure to read the TeamUp Terms and Conditions before applying for the programme.
Do you have any questions? Contact us
Juan Ignacio Zaffora
EIT Food South
Regional Startup Manager Southern Europe
EIT Food North-East
Junior Project Manager