The food sector is a rapidly changing and evolving industry. Start-ups and entrepreneurs who are able to adapt to these changes and position themselves at the forefront of innovation are more likely to succeed. The EIT Food Start-up Awareness Event 2023 in Malta is a training program designed to help start-ups and entrepreneurs succeed in the food sector. The training will cover a wide range of topics, including: the local ecosystem and the regulatory framework in the food sector in Malta; Technology and Innovation in the Food Sector; An analysis of the food industry system and how to embrace the transition to sustainability, from a start-up perspective; How to create an effective business plan and; Communication and marketing training.
The sessions will be held in person at MCAST. However, participants can also attend online, in co-ordination with the organisers. We invite start-ups and entrepreneurs that are active in Malta to join us, and we are looking forward to welcoming you!
November 20th (in collaboration with Ecomarket Malta ‘s “Vendor Vibe – Small business Owners Meetup):
- 18.30 – 19.00: EIT Food Introduction
- 19.00 – 19.45: Diving into the local food innovation ecosystem
- 14.00 – 15.00: How to register your business and assistance to start-ups
- 15.00 – 16.00: The legal requirements to start a business in the food sector
- 16.00 – 17.00: Emerging Technology and Innovation in the Food Sector; a portfolio approach from EIT Food
- 14.00 – 15.00: Developing an effective business plan
- 15.00 – 16.00: Communication and Marketing (online)
- 16.00 – 16.45: Embracing the Transition towards Sustainability
- 16.45 – 17.00: Evaluation and Feedback
See the Terms and Conditions attached to this event page.