Ypsicon is a technology-based company with headquarters in Barcelona. Its activity is focused on the development of new technologies, as well as on the design and manufacturing of components and equipment for the food, pharmaceutical and cosmetics industries.
Ypsicon commercializes three patented technologies on a global basis which have great potential for the beverage industry: Ultra-high pressure sterilization / homogenization, Ultraviolet-Thermal pasteurization and UV-C bottle sterilization.
Competences & Capabilities
Main areas of specialization and technological expertise are:
- Food technology development
- Design and development of equipment based on its patented technologies
- Sterilization of pumpable fluids (beverages, liquid foodstuffs, etc.) by means of continuous ultra-high pressure
- Pasteurization by means of combination of ultraviolet light type C and thermal treatment at moderate temperatures
- Sterilization of bottles by means of ultraviolet type C for aseptic bottling (no chemical products are used during the process)
Partner in the following EIT Food projects
underPRESSURE project will scale-up a technological solution for producing “high” viscosity fat-based products addressing these consumer demands