Ypsicon is a technology-based company with headquarters in Barcelona. Its activity is focused on the development of new technologies, as well as on the design and manufacturing of components and equipment for the food, pharmaceutical and cosmetics industries. Ypsicon commercialises three patented technologies on a global basis which have great potential for the beverage industry: Ultrahigh pressure sterilisation/homogenisation, Ultraviolet-Thermal pasteurisation and UV-C bottle sterilisation.
Competences & Capabilities
Main areas of specialisation and technological expertise are:
- Food technology development
- Design and development of equipment based on its patented technologies
- Sterilisation of pumpable fluids (beverages, liquid foodstuffs, etc.) by means of continuous ultrahigh pressure
- Pasteurisation by means of combination of ultraviolet light type C and thermal treatment at moderate temperatures
- Sterilisation of bottles by means of ultraviolet type C for aseptic bottling (no chemical products are used during the process)
Partner in the following EIT Food projects
Consumers are increasingly demanding healthier products to fulfil their personalised nutrition needs and more natural foods (clean label) in which they can put their trust. Both are nowadays key and challenge drivers for the food industry.