Microbion is a Contract Research Organization in the field of molecular microbiology applied to agriculture, food, nutraceutical, pharma industry.
We are a Verona University spin-off serving startups, SME and large enterprises with technology transfer applied to products development and processes optimization.
Microbion provides custom-based research services and is developing innovative tools to understand and valorize microbial biodiversity.
Competences & Capabilities
Main specialization is the application of cuttingedge DNA based technologies for the detection, identification, characterization and tracking of microorganisms and microbial communities.
Microbion know-how includes:
- Genes, genomes and metagenomes characterization
- DNA fingerprinting typing and authentication methods
- Selection of best-performing strains
- Detection of emerging contaminants
- Microbial stability of products and challengetest of processes
- Optimization and validation of new technologies for microbial load reduction
Partner in the following EIT Food projects
Improving trust on fish chain: Rapid and portable monitoring tools for a better control of whitefish
This project provides three rapid, hand-held tools for enhancing the trust in fish products
The aim of this project is to test and to promote solutions for the poultry industry in Italy, Poland and Spain in the area of safety risks for public health