Supernovas | Women2Invest
We help women with STEAM studies start their careers in venture investment by training them in the fundamentals of this profession and matching them with investors (venture capital, corporate venture capital or corporate venturing units) for internship opportunities.
Women2Invest 2023 cohort Timeline
- Participant selection and communication of acceptance: If you're interested in participating Click here!
- Ongoing fund engagement and onboarding through the year
- Training programme from Late August/early September until December
- Matching candidates to participating funds and interview processes from late September onwards
Women2Invest in a nutshell
Women2Invest is an access and training activity aimed at:
- Helping women start their careers in venture investment
- Giving investors access to a pool of promising women that will add diversity to their investment teams.
- Identifying and and selecting a pool of participants with STEAM degrees interested in starting a career in venture investment (previous investment education or experience is not required).
- Training the participants in the fundamentals of venture investment to prepare them for an entry role in the industry
- Networking with seasoned investment professionals, other participants and Women2Invest alumnae
- Matching candidates with participating funds (VC or Corporate VC) looking to recruit candidates for a paid internship.
Highlights of the 2022 edition
66 participants of 27 different nationalities participated in the 2022 Women2Invest edition and 23 funds recruited for internships. 25%+ of participants have already got jobs or internships during or after the programme, with many promising processes ongoing.
Who is it for?
We look for participants meeting these criteria:
- STEAM graduates (undergraduate, masters of PhD)
- Passport or full residency permit from one of the 27 EU member states or one of the Horizon Europe Associated countries
- With genuine interest in the venture capital industry / investment in startups. No previous experience is required
You can check terms in more detail here
Are you a fund and want to join us? Here's what you need to know
Which type of investors are we looking for?
Venture Capital funds, Corporate Venture Capital funds and Corporate Venturing units:
- Seeking new hires and committed to improve the gender-balance of their investment teams.
- Offering paid internships in investment related positions for at least 2 months (as long as funds identify suitable candidates within the pool).
- Committing to pay at least the minimum wage of their country.
- Agreeing to allow candidates to combine training and internship (if coinciding).
Investors, if you are interested in future editions email Ana Alcaine (ana.alcaine @eitfood.eu). Fund onboarding is an ongoing process that will remain open through the year.
Women2Invest in 2022: key data and testimonials
- 66 participants completed the training programme successfully. The 2022 was very diverse with 27 different nationalities, diverse educational backgrounds, levels and field of professional experience, including research/academia, entrepreneurship, institutional and corporate careers.
- 23 funds recruited from the 2022 cohort: Astanor, Atlantic Labs, BeAble Capital, Breega, BYND Venture Capital, Cherry Ventures, Diffusion Capital Partners, Digital+ Partners, European Circular Bioeconomy Fund (ECBF), eureKARE, Faber Ventures, FoodLabs, Icebreaker, Kompass Digital, Mundi Ventures, Planet A, Plug and Play Tech Center, PropTech1 Ventures, Startup Wise Guys, UNIQA Ventures, XAnge, Ysios Capital and Zubi Capital. Jointly, they have direct presence in more than 15 European countries, with very diverse investment focus in terms of target stage, technologies and sectors.
- The level of interest, interview processes and internship offers exceeded our goals and expectations.