Informaton Exchange Platform
Circular Economy in the country
- National plan for integrated waste management 2020-2035
- Addressing the current challenges on waste management.
- Enforcing the legal framework in power.
- Aligning the actions with EU Circular Economy action plan
Main industries in North Macedonia:
- food processing,
- automotive parts
EIT Food main areas of action:
- Support the development of solutions to transform the traditional ‘produce-use-dispose’ model
- into a circular bio-economy
- Support the creation and scaling-up of agrifood startups to deliver new food innovations and
- Trend of opening healthy and organic food restaurants and bars or home delivery by young people
- Growing trend - from farm to table
- Opportunity for digitalization of agriculture for improved production and reduction of pesticide use
- Opportunity for development of new startups
- Opportunity for implementation of solutions for waste water treatment in N.M regions
Potential opportunities for Cross KIC actions:
Construction & Demolition waste
- Satellite monitoring systems and utilization in other areas of public interest
- Technology transfer for construction and demolition waste treatment
- Production of materials/alternative fuels
- Governance and financial models for establishing a circular system between construction companies
- Learning and match making platforms
- Digital platforms for mapping spaces, digital creation and redesign, crowdfunding
- VR/AR and sensing technology opportunities
- Nature-based solutions for public spaces
Food & Biowaste
- Technology transfer for water waste treatment and waste treatment for bioenergy production
- Circular economy models for the hospitality sector
- Digital platforms for learning and knowledge sharing
- Policy development for improved biowaste management in the hospitality sector
- Agri startups development
CirEkon's mission is to modernize the business system in a responsible way through product-service lifecycle management. We aim to help businesses prosper by following the principles of circular economy and sustainable development.
EIT Food main areas of action:
- Huge opportunities for agri-food circular startups through providing experimental ground
- From education to experts
- New policies to drive better agriculture
- Better integration of Serbian agri-food in EU supply chain
- Collaborative initiatives: Municipality-Business-Innovation
Cross KIC programme 22-27 proposal:
- Cross KIC co-designing
- Blended co-funding
- Stakeholder integration
- Integration of national innovation support system
- Technical support for:
- Innovation entrepreneurial system buildup
- Institutional joint programming
- Institutional negotiation for cross-cutting policies
- Commercial circular innovation portfolio buildup
- SME integration to EU circular supply chains
- Functional, sustainable material and energy loops
BOSNIA AND HERZEGOVINA
CETEOR (Center for Economic, Technological and Environmental Development Sarajevo) is providing support to the environmental, social, economic and technological development of Bosnia and Herzegovina.
Bosnia and Herzegovina has moved forward:
- EU Green Deal
- Green Agenda for Western Balkans
In process of creation:
- CE Roadmap for Bosnia and Herzegovina 2022-2027 (June 2021)
Eko Korijen is a platform for creating and publishing approachable, applicable and understandable environmental content online and in-person, in the form of books, lectures, courses and work one-on-one with clients.
Topics addressed are:
- Creating a sustainable lifestyle;
- Greening one’s business practices;
- Making environmental activism more effective.
“Eko Korijen” was created as a mediator between the imperative of holistic change towards sustainable living and the people from the Western Balkans, specifically the former Yugoslav region.
The first national circular economy in Kosovo, held on the 25th of September 2019, by KosovaLive, in Prishtina, with representatives from the national, local, private and non-profit sectors, analyzed what Kosovo has been doing for the development of this economic model. Discussions at all levels aligned with the research findings and reflected the situation with the development of circular economy in the country as very lacking and almost non-existent.
Kosovo Sustainable Development Week (KSDW) 2021
The main purpose of KSDW remains to further advance the public dialogue and to promote hand in hand sustainable development and green economic growth.
VIDEO: Redesigning Products in Line with Principles of Circular Economy: