EIT Food RIS Fellowships
MSc students and graduates with different educational backgrounds as well as PhD students and post-docs from 28 different countries will have the opportunity to carry out a unique, professional and paid 3-6 month internship abroad in the food industry. The idea is that, upon returning to their home countries, candidates will be able to spur a wave of entrepreneurial innovation and support the development of their local agrifood ecosystem.
The EIT Food RIS Fellowships project is divided into two complementary components:
- RIS Fellowships: dedicated to MSc students, graduates and young entrepreneurs.
Candidates will be able to gain hands-on experience in the agrifood sector, strengthening their job-related skills, including analytical thinking and creative problem-solving. RIS Fellowship interns will be engaged in learning-by-doing activities at their host company - These could be internal projects or day-to-day tasks of each host company.
- RIS Talents, doctoral students and young postdocs.
Candidates will benefit from lessons learned in their own academic research and they will also be encouraged to engage in industrial collaboration or entrepreneurship during their internship. RIS Talent interns will participate in EIT Food innovation projects as well as R&D projects led by EIT Food partner organisations.
We are looking to recruit young, passionate people currently in higher education.
- Have an interest in the agrifood sector.
- Show a proactive attitude and be passionate about student extra-curricular activities.
- Have analytical skills, be open-minded, goal-oriented and a team player.
- Be able to work in English.
- Be available to carry out the internship between July and December 2019.
- Have a cross-country mobility allowance and health insurance.
Benefits of the internship
- Precise matching of candidates to the offered internship areas specified by each host company.
- Gain hands-on experience in the food sector and strengthen your job-related skills, including creative problem solving in real-work situations.
- 1,350€ (Fellowships) – 2,000€ (Talents) gross grant/month to support your expenses.
- Discover other ways of working and different points of view by carrying out your internship abroad.
- Enrich your knowledge of another country and get involved in its culture
- Improve your curriculum vitae and get contacts and opportunities that will open up doors for your professional life.
Discover the companies that are offering internship opportunities here.
- Candidates must be nationals of one of the following eligible countries:
Albania, Armenia, Bosnia & Herzegovia, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Estonia, Faroe Islands, Georgia, Greece, Hungary, Italy *, Latvia, Lithuania, Malta, Moldova, Montenegro, Poland**, Portugal, Macedonia, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain***, Turkey, Ukraine.
*Italy (only regions: Molise, Puglia, Basilicata, Calabria, Sicilia, Sardegna, Umbria, Marche, Abruzzo, Campania, Valle d'Aosta) **Poland (only regions: Łódzkie, Lubelskie, Małopolskie, Podkarpackie, Świętokrzyskie, Podlaskie, Wielkopolski, Lubuskie, Dolnośląskie, Opolskie, Kujawsko-Pomorskie, Warmińsko-Mazurskie, Zachodniopomorskie, Mazovia Regional - without Mazovia-Capital )***Spain (only regions: Galicia, Principado de Asturias, Cantabria, La Rioja, Castilla-la Mancha, Extremadura, Illes Balears, Andalucía, Región de Murcia, Canarias, Castilla y León, Aragón, Comunidad Valenciana)
Why is the opportunity only open to these countries? This particular internship programme is funded by the Regional Innovation Scheme (RIS). This Scheme is designed to boost innovation in areas of Europe that typically have less access to support for entrepreneurial and innovative programmes.
Timing and Process
STEP 01 > Fill in one of the application forms at the links below and upload a 1-minute self-made video (APRIL):
STEP 02 > Take part in a 1-day workshop (Just for RIS Fellowships candidates). If you have been selected we will contact you to take part in one of the 15 workshops that will take place in different countries. Challenge yourself by solving a group case-study and taking paper-pencil tests (MAY)
STEP 03 > Introduce yourself during online interviews. If you meet the selection criteria, you will be invited to interviews with host companies. Check the final list of interns on the project website (JUNE)
STEP 04 > Enjoy your internship! (JULY-DECEMBER)
More information: www.eitfoodrisfellowships.eu