EIT Food RIS Fellowships
30 students and graduates with different educational backgrounds from RIS countries will discover job opportunities in the food industry, by getting unique, professional, paid 3-months internships within the framework of RIS Fellowships project. Unlike other scholarship projects, the students and graduates will reveal their talents in agri-food sector, throughout gaining hands-on experiences and strengthening their job-related skills, including analytical thinking and creative problem solving.
The RIS Fellowships project is dedicated to students and graduates of Msc., with different educational levels, educational and professional background, coming from different universities from 13 RIS countries. The selection process of candidates will be implemented as an open call, using clear and transparent selection criteria.
During multi-step recruitment process, candidates will not only learn how to professionally prepare outstanding LinkedIn profile but also will actively participate in unique networking and case study solving workshops led by EIT Hubs. Best selected 30 talents will get internships in different areas of operations in EIT Food consortium companies or RisingFoodStars companies. Interns will take learning-by-doing activities by solving real problematic situations that the companies in food industry are facing. All interns will be provided with a scholarship of 1000 EUR gross monthly.
Who should apply
RIS Fellowships project is looking for talents from higher education (student and graduates of Msc.) who will become future food sectors’ employees or will set up their own businesses. Young passionate people upon the return to their homes 13 RIS countries, will spur a wave of entrepreneurial innovations and support the development of the local agri-food ecosystem.
Best candidate for the RIS Fellowships project should:
- be a student or graduate of Msc, who is keen on discovering job opportunities in the food industry;
- be interested in challenges in agri-food sector in the entire value chain;
- be a person who is looking for taking up learning-by doing activities and developing job related-skills;
- have proactive attitude and be passionate about student extra activities;
- be eager to gain new experience, willing to learn and self-motivated;
- be aware of his/her strengths and knows how to present them;
- have analytical skills, be open-minded, goal-oriented and team player;
- be ready to work in an international environment and speaks English very well;
- could have a lack of work experience but has an entrepreneurial approach;
- be also interested in innovativeness and entrepreneurship and would like to share his/her interests with the local environment.
Benefits for candidates
- participation in professional recruitment process, with corporate background
- guidance on how to professionally prepare an online profile of the candidate – sophisticated ‘business card’ (or business portfolio) of a student entering the labor market – using LinkedIn social media platform
- participation in an exciting, engaging, interactive workshops, including real corporate case studies and individual tasks
- 3-months internship in EIT Food consortium companies or RisingFoodStars companies – start-ups association across Europe and from the entire food value chain
- taking an internship based on setting up an internship program
- 1000€/per month gross scholarship, based on an internship contract and a grant agreement
- mentor/buddy support and guidance during internships
- cooperation with professionals, experienced business employees in the agri-food area
- the opportunity to participate in learning-by-doing and inspiring projects
- get insight into different area of corporate operations
- the involvement of interns helped address actual food systems’s challenges.
Timeline of the programme
The online applications ended on 30/04/2018. A more detailed timeline description can be found on the project website: http://timo.wz.uw.edu.pl/risfellowships/