Vaxa has developed a disruptive new technology platform perfecting the cultivation of Omega-3 rich micro-algae. Bringing a new scientific approach, our technology, as compared to the current state of the art, requires less than 1% of the fresh water, less than 1% of the land footprint and is carbon negative. We are constantly improving the growth and performance of each strain using machine learning and data analytics techniques.
Competences & Capabilities
- First indoor controlled omega-3 & production from micro algae
- Consistent composition, pathogen-free, bio-secured
- Less than 1% of freshwater and land
- Negative CO2 footprint
- Strong IP and know-how
- 5 times omega-3 composition,10 times yield
- 1/5 production cost
- Enables a unique offering for large addressable markets
- Aquaculture – hatchery, polishing feed
- Human supplements, colourants, protein
- Experienced management & scientific team
Partner in the following EIT Food projects
CovidX aspires to investigate whether a food supplement based on a novel Spirulina-extract can strengthen the immune system and help reduce infection risk of SARS-CoV-2 infection. The supplement will not be a replacement for SARS-CoV-2 vaccinations.
E2F will develop a sustainable source of protein & lipid from omega-3 rich microalgae cultivated using clean power sources (Geothermal/Hydro) & natural CO₂.
A natural blue food colour that can be used in food products that are heat treated and are acidic is impossible today.
Creative infotaining is the future of knowledge transfer and co-creation among young generations.