Microbion is a Contract Research Organization in the field of molecular microbiology applied to agriculture, food, nutraceutical, pharma industry.
We are a Verona University spin-off serving startups, SME and large enterprises with technology transfer applied to products development and processes optimization.
Microbion provides custom-based research services and is developing innovative tools to understand and valorize microbial biodiversity.
Competences & Capabilities
Main specialization is the application of cuttingedge DNA based technologies for the detection, identification, characterization and tracking of microorganisms and microbial communities.
Microbion know-how includes:
- Genes, genomes and metagenomes characterization
- DNA fingerprinting typing and authentication methods
- Selection of best-performing strains
- Detection of emerging contaminants
- Microbial stability of products and challengetest of processes
- Optimization and validation of new technologies for microbial load reduction