Free University of Bolzano
The Libera Università di Bolzano (unibz) was founded in 1997. Our university has a strong international outlook, as testified by its multilingual degree courses (German, Italian, English) and the high number of students and researchers from abroad. We rank high in national and international rankings. Despite its recent foundation, unibz has already established itself in the past years as an important research institution, both in Italy and abroad. The main features of our research are interdisciplinary collaboration and interaction with companies.
Competences & Capabilities
Main areas of specialisation and technological expertise are:
- Food quality and safety
- Food fermentations and functional foods
- Food sensory analyses
- Recycling of food wastes and agriculture by-products
- Use of (bio-)sensors and to monitor food quality.
- Processing and product innovation
- Authentication of traditional foods and beverages
- Digital consumer-oriented choices
- Food market trends and analyses
- Primary production and mechanisation
- Food – human axis: the gut microbiome
- Technology transfer at pilot plant level