The EIT Food website is not compatible with Internet Explorer. Please visit our website with another browser, like Google Chrome, Firefox and Safari, for the best possible experience.

ETH ZÜRICH
ETH ZÜRICH

Profile

ETH,  the  Swiss  Federal  Institute  of  Technology  is  a  technical  university  with  focus  on  engineering  and  natural sciences. By integrating as well the humanities and social sciences, ETH devises innovative concepts of  education  and  research  which  shall  allow  us  to  tackle   the   enormous   challenges   facing   mankind,   and help lay a path for a meaningful and sustainable development of present and future civilisations.

Competences & Capabilities

In  order  to  cope  with  humanity’s  major  challenges,  ETH Zurich concentrates on several main focus areas in addition to departmental activities at a local, national or global level to make a valuable contribution to politics, economy and society.

ETH’s main focus areas are:

  • Medicine & Nutrition
  • Data
  • Sustainability
  • Manufacturing technologies
ETH ZÜRICH

Rämistrasse 101, CH-8092 Zurich, Switzerland

http://www.ethz.ch

Contact

Agatha Keller grants@sl.ethz.ch
+41 446 345 350

Partner in the following EIT Food projects

ETH ZÜRICH
Education

Food Innovation Lab - EIT Summer School 2019

The “Food Innovation Lab” aims at guiding interdisciplinary teams of students and young professionals through an innovation process – from identifying challenges, developing consumer-centric solutions to prototyping in the laboratory and business model development

ETH ZÜRICH
Innovation

PHENOLIVA: Treatment and valorisation of olive mill wastes - Application of olive polyphenols to food

Only 20% of the olive fruit result in Extra-Virgin Oil, the remaining 80% are waste (olive pomace)

ETH ZÜRICH
Education

Professional Development Advanced

EIT Food's Professional Development Framework - Advanced aims to provide a key resource for the food sector by creating an integrated approach to develop a skilled, innovative workforce

ETH ZÜRICH
Education

Global Food Venture Programme 2020

We´re excited to announce that the Global Food Venture Programme of  EIT Food will support once again highly-qualified PhD students from across Europe to transform their research into viable business in the Food & AgTech space

ETH ZÜRICH
Innovation

Tasty Texture: Tailored fibre/protein-rich vegetarian Health Power food & novel extrusion technology platform

We aim to enlarge plant-based food offerings beyond meat analogues by a novel process combination for structuring protein and fibres obtained also from side-stream materials to develop a range of consumer valued tasty, healthier and sustainably processed alternatives to the currently popular starch based, energy dense products

ETH ZÜRICH
Entrepreneurship

EIT Food Accelerator Network FAN 2020

The number of startups accelerated will be increased from 50 to 60 in 2020

ETH ZÜRICH
Entrepreneurship

MAKEit

We will achieve this by:  Convening a network of ‘maker spaces’, providing collaborative spaces to make, learn, explore and share, for MAKEathons and further prototyping resources; Designing and delivering a series of MAKEathons across Europe where different stakeholders come together to find solutions to identified industry challenges in specific value chains; Training professionals to be able to develop entrepreneurial capabilities across the food value chain in Europe

ETH ZÜRICH
Entrepreneurship

EIT Food Accelerator Network

Once you have applied for FAN, you will go through a rigorous selection process where you will be judged by a series of experts including successful entrepreneurs, investors and experts from the agriculture and food industries

ETH ZÜRICH

Advancing careers in the food system

Professional development for a sustainable food system In a world of rapid environmental change, resource depletion, economic instability and social inequality, it is clear that a more sustainable future requires innovations on all levels of society and the economy

ETH ZÜRICH
Innovation

MAKE-IT! An infrastructure to hack simpler and smarter food value chains 2020

This project aims to develop these through: Using existing information and industrial challenges to inform the hackathons around specific food industry chains