EPFL (Ecole Polytechnique Federale de Lausanne)
The EPFL Food and Nutrition center federates 500 research labs around the food and nutrition thematic. Diverse horizon expertise in life science, engineering, economic, environmental and food science tackle industrial challenges through pre-competitive research projects.
Multi-disciplinary initiatives support entrepreneurship, education and technology transfer activities.
Competences & Capabilities
The Food Center supports initiatives in all fields throughout the supply chain:
- Smart and active packaging
- Rapid, cheap monitoring devices for QC, authentication, safety or traceability
- Robotics for kitchen of the Future
- Interaction of food with physiology
- Bio and nanosensors to assess food safety and humans
- New ways of marketing, VR, AR
- New agricultural principles and greenhouses design
- Consumer science and diet
- New ways of cooking ready to eat meals and fermented food
Partner in the following EIT Food projects
The Global Food Venture Programme enables highly qualified PhD students from across Europe to turn their innovative research into successful business propositions