Non-profit association of farmers founded in 1944 by decree of the Italian President. AIA’s mission is to promote, valorise and improve national livestock production and quality trough data collection on farm, extension services and genetic improvement of local as well as cosmopolite breeds.More than 46 thousands farmers are nowadays associated. AIA primarily focuses on dairy and beef.
Competences & Capabilities
- National reference organisation for animal performance and reproductive data recording.
- Centre for milk and analysis through 12 fully equipped labs spread across Italy.
- Centre for genetic and genomic on domestic animals through a lab equipped with the more advanced technologies available on the market.
- Promotional, technical, economical and scientific activities.
- Strong connections with national and international research bodies, breeder associations and livestock centres.
Partner in the following EIT Food projects
The aim of this project is to test and to promote solutions for the poultry industry in Italy, Poland and Spain in the area of safety risks for public health.
EIT Food RIS Solutions is aimed at engaging student groups with multi-disciplinary backgrounds, from RIS countries and of all educational levels, to work jointly on problem cases responding to agrifood challenges in RIS countries.
Smart-ET will use COVID-19 data from farms to predict variations in dairy production and market feed costs, helping to reorganise dairy production and supply during pandemic events or similar market shocks.
Agricultural technologies and innovations offer significant opportunities to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of farm businesses, through optimised yields, reduced environmental impact and increased profitability.
Global food supply chains are increasingly encountering considerable problems impacting on safety and sustainability affecting the food industry and reducing consumer trust.
Numerous food scandals in the past decade have opened the eyes of consumers in Europe on the prevalence of fraud in the food industry.