Non-profit association of farmers founded in 1944 by decree of the Italian President. AIA’s mission is to promote, valorise and improve national livestock production and quality trough data collection on farm, extension services and genetic improvement of local as well as cosmopolite breeds.More than 46 thousands farmers are nowadays associated. AIA primarily focuses on dairy and beef.
Competences & Capabilities
- National reference organisation for animal performance and reproductive data recording.
- Centre for milk and analysis through 12 fully equipped labs spread across Italy.
- Centre for genetic and genomic on domestic animals through a lab equipped with the more advanced technologies available on the market.
- Promotional, technical, economical and scientific activities.
- Strong connections with national and international research bodies, breeder associations and livestock centres.
Partner in the following EIT Food projects
However, farmer adoption of these technologies is often limited and therefore the benefits are not realised
This online course focuses on threats to global food security & consider key challenges which need to be overcome in order to maintain healthy & sustainable food supplies for consumer wellbeing in both the developing and developed world
Food fraud is in many aspects an appealing activity because the profit margins of this activity can be quite large but the risk of being caught is lower than in other criminal activities due to the low priory of police and judicial authorities