Regional Innovation Scheme
EIT Food Regional Innovation SchemeEIT Food Regional Innovation Scheme (EIT Food RIS) aims at strengthening those regions in Europe which are modest and moderate in terms of innovation in agri-food sector. This outreach scheme is open to innovators that are not partners of EIT Food and provides targeted support to EIT RIS stakeholders through a portfolio of projects.
EIT Regional Innovation Scheme (EIT RIS)
The EIT RIS is the EIT Community’s outreach scheme introduced in 2014 to share good practices and experience emerging from EIT Community activities. The EIT RIS opens up the activities of EIT’s Innovation Communities to innovators that are not partners, by providing targeted support to individuals and organisations to take part in and benefit from EIT Innovation Communities’ activities, services and programmes.
The objective of the EIT RIS is to contribute to boosting the ability to innovate of countries and regions in Europe that belong to the groups of so-called ‘modest and moderate’ innovators (according to the European Innovation Scoreboard).
EIT Food Regional Innovation Scheme (EIT Food RIS)
EIT Food RIS aims at strengthening those regions in Europe which are modest and moderate in terms of innovation in agri-food sector. This outreach scheme is open to innovators that are not partners of EIT Food and provides targeted support to EIT RIS stakeholders through a portfolio of projects.
EIT Food RIS activities are implemented by 2 of EIT Food’s local offices called co-location centres (CLCs):
- CLC North-East, located in Warsaw, Poland, e-mail: ClcNorthEast@eitfood.eu and
- CLC South, located in Bilbao and Madrid, Spain, e-mail: ClcSouth@eitfood.eu
There are currently 13 targeted EIT Food RIS countries: Croatia, Czech Republic, Estonia, Hungary, Lithuania, Poland, Slovenia, Romania, Greece, Italy, Portugal, Spain, Turkey.
EIT Food HUBs
EIT Food HUBs are our regional/local “contact points” in EIT RIS countries. They were selected in an open call. HUBs are organisations recognized as important players in the local innovation eco-systems with strong regional outreach, experienced in supporting entrepreneurs and capable of organising local events.
There is currently a network of 13 EIT Food HUBs located in 13 targeted RIS countries: Croatia, Czech Republic, Estonia, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Lithuania, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovenia, Spain and Turkey.
You can find more information on EIT Food HUBs here.
EIT Food RIS projects
There is a portfolio of projects currently being implemented or under development within EIT Food RIS. These projects lie within the 3 pillars of the knowledge triangle - innovation, education, business creation.
- Food R&D expert community on LinkedIn – this is an exclusive group for R&D experts in the agri-food sector interested in increasing their industry knowledge, expanding their professional network, finding project partners and new resources and exchanging experiences, opinions and ideas with their peers. This community brings together agri-food sector experts from business, academia and research backgrounds to discuss trending food innovation topics.
If you are an agri-food R&D expert and want to join this community please send us a PDF file of your LinkedIn profile (you can download it from LinkedIn) with a request to join at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Innovation Talents - this is a program for doctoral students and young postdocs who want to participate in R&D projects carried out by EIT Food partners. It’s available for scientists from EIT RIS countries who are involved in scientific disciplines other than food science. This program will be available from 2019.
- RIS Fellowships – this is an internship program at EIT Food partner companies open for talents from higher education and young entrepreneurs. It’s available for students and graduates of various disciplines coming from RIS countries. The aim is to strengthen their knowledge of innovations in various segments of the food system and promote the culture of entrepreneurship in their local food industry upon their return to home countries.
You can find more information on RIS Fellowships here.
- EIT Food Government Executive Academy – this is a week-long course for representatives of public administration from EIT RIS countries. It is focused on stimulating learning environment, policies relevant for agri-food industry and Research & Innovation, including the oversight of the implementation of Smart Specialisation Strategy.
You can find more information on EIT Food Government Executive Academy here.
- EIT Food Summer School on New Product Development – this is a program for food sector professionals interested in improving their skills in new product development (NPD). 25 participants from EIT RIS countries with different backgrounds come together for an intensive 8 day workshop to gain knowledge of not only how to create and execute NPD by understanding the market and consumer’s needs, but also gain insight on how to handle competing project requirements and constraints. Put simply, participants are given the entire spectrum of knowledge required to be an expert of New Product Development and much more.
You can find more information on EIT Food Summer School on New Product Development here.
- RIS Innovation Grants – this is a contest for entrepreneurs who need support for commercialisation and testing of their novel products, services or business models. 26 best applicants selected in an open call will be awarded with 10.000 and 5.000 euros prizes, 2 in each of the 13 targeted RIS countries (Croatia, Czech Republic, Estonia, Hungary, Lithuania, Poland, Slovenia, Romania, Greece, Italy, Portugal, Spain, Turkey). Find out more information on RIS Innovation Grants here.
- Demo Days – this is a series of local 1-day events for agri-food entrepreneurs in 13 targeted RIS countries. During those events entrepreneurs will meet and pitch in front of agri-food community, producers, investors and innovators. Demo Days will be the final step of the RIS Innovation Grants and will host the award ceremony.
- Innovation Scouting – this is a program of a continuous search for entrepreneurial talents and high-potential start-ups in EIT RIS countries. Ideas well aligned with the EIT Food portfolio and strategy will be matched with the best business creation activities and partners within EIT Food. If you are already running a start-up or have an idea which can boost innovation within the world of agri-food industry please fill in the contact form available here and e-mail it to email@example.com
Contact EIT Food RIS
You can contact EIT Food RIS team at: firstname.lastname@example.org